Chapter 13: Devastated

George's POV

"Surely, Mr. Weasley" she said as she moved away from Fred and I followed her wondering could have possibly happened.
We moved away from Fred and Gin, towards a corner. I turned towards Professor.

"Professor, what actually happened?!" I asked her not able to handle the silence. I had never been so tensed ever before.

"Mr. Weasley, we have received news that Miss. Anderson's was killed." She said.

I started sweating. My hand directly went to my forehead, to swipe the sweat off. I didn't know how to tell this to Fred, more worse, Ann. How will I tell her?! She would be devastated!

"Killed by...?" I asked Professor.

"Not yet known Mr. Weasley" she replied. " I am hoping you would tell this to your brother and Miss. Anderson".

I had no clue of how to tell both of them.

I walked towards Fred and Gin, thinking of how to tell them. I could see Fred was trying to control his emotions. I knelt down, in front of Freddie and Gin.

"Freddie.... Ann's...." I was saying when we heard things falling inside the hospital wing and Ann was screaming.

Fred ran inside, even though Madam Pomfrey had told us to go out. Gin and I, too followed Fred inside the hospital wing. It was Ann. I was heart-broken when I saw her. I knew what had happened to her dad and had no clue of how to tell her.

Fred's POV

"Freddie.... Ann's..." George was telling me when I heard things falling inside the hospital wing and I could hear a voice. It was Ann.
I ran into the hospital wing ignoring what George was telling. I went inside and saw Ann. My heart dropped to the ground seeing her. I tried to control my tears. She had not actually woken up. It was more like she was having a nightmare. She had knocked down the things from the table next to her and they were trying to hold her, trying to make her relaxed. When she seemed to calmed down a bit I walked over to her and I held her hand.

"It's ok Ann. I am here. Your dad is okay." I whispered to her. I felt bad because I had no clue of how her dad was. Was he safe? What if something might have happened to him?! NO! He is fine! He will be fine, at least for Ann.

George came over to me and sat another chair. He looked tensed. Professor had told him what had actually happened. I didn't want to hear it, not now. Everyone was here, Ron, Harry, Hermione, Lee, George and Gin. Eventually everyone left, it was just me, George and Ann.
After hours, Ann was awake.

"Freddie...dad, where is dad, how is he?!" she asked me.

George put his head down, I immediately knew what might have happened.

"Your dad's fine. Gin has sent an owl to your mum, just to make sure." I said, "Now you take some rest okay!"

She wanted to ask something but kept quiet.

"Don't worry I will be here till you sleep okay!" I said kissing her hand.

She smiled and eventually drifted into sleep. George signaled me to come out with him. I didn't want to leave Ann. But George pulled me out.

"So? What happened?" I asked him.

"Fred! I am sorry!" he said as he hugged me. I know what exactly had happened, but I wanted to hear it from him.

"Ann's dad died" he said pulling away.

"WHATT?!!" I heard a voice from behind me. It was Ann. George was shocked to hear her voice. I didn't want to turn back and face her. I had told her that her dad was fine.

"Fred, you said dad was fine!?" she asked me. I still didn't turn. She was furious at me.

"Ann what are you doing here?!" George asked her. She didn't listen to him.

"FRED WEASLEY!!?" she yelled at me, as she stood in front of me.

"Ann..." George tried to calm her down, while I kept quiet.

"Fred?! Fred? What happened to dad!?" she kept asking me repeatedly. Her screams got louder. Ron, Hermione and Harry entered the corridor.

"DADD...." she yelled as she fell on her knees, crying on the heart . A tear rolled down my cheek as I knelt down, in front of her.

"Will you open your mouth?" she said between sobs.

"Ann...I am really sorry" I said trying to pulling her into a hug.

"Let go of me! You both GITS thought you could keep this from me!?" she yelled looking at George and over to me.

"Ann, we would never keep this from you, we wanted to tell you once you woke up. We thought you had slept." George tried to explain as he too knelt down beside me.

She didn't say anything but only cried a lot harder. Her dad had just died. I should have just told her the truth, instead I only gave her false hope. Before I knew she stood and ran away into one of the corridors.

"I better find her" Hermione said as she walked away.

"What I have done Georgie?!" I said as I held my face in my hands.

"You didn't do anything Freddie! Just give her some time! She just lost her dad!" he said keeping his hand on my shoulder.

"I should have told her the truth, instead I only gave her false hope" I said.

"It's ok Freddie. You wanted her to rest, that's all! She'll some around you'll see!" Ron said.

I was devastated! I didn't know what to do! Whether to speak to her or keep quiet! Of course she needed some time to accept the fact that her dad had just died, but what if something happened to her! I wouldn't live with myself if something happened to her.