Chapter 6: The Unforgivable Curses

The next day, we had our DADA[Defense against the Dark Arts], Alastor Moody, an Ex-Auror, was our new DADA professor. I was quite excited actually.

"When it comes to Dark Arts, I believe in a practical approach. But first can you tell me how many Unforgivable Curses there are?"

"Three, sir" I said.

"And they are so named?" Moody asked.

"Because they are Unforgivable. The use of any one of them will...." I was telling when he finished my sentence, " Will earn you a one-way ticket to Azkaban, correct."

He said that we students must know about the Unforgivable Curses and must witness what they do.
I didn't like it actually! I mean who would perform the Unforgivable curses in the class! There is a reason they are UNFORGIVABLE!

He asked Ron to name one.

"Well...my dad did tell me about one,... The Imperious Curse" Ron said.

"Oh yeah, your father would know all about that. Gave the Ministry quite a bit grief a few years ago." he said.

He took out a spider from one of the glass jar and said "Engorgio", making it bigger and then
"Imperio",he said and he had control over the spider. Having complete control over her she started to show his control over her by making her do things he wanted her to do.

"Talented isn't she?! What should I have her to do next? Jump out the window? Drown herself?!" he said
Doesn't he have respect for life!!?

"Another, another! Anderson, is it!? Up!" he said.

"Th..there's the, um... The Cruciatus Curse" I spluttered as I was hesitant.

"Correct, correct, come, come" he said motioning me to come up to his desk.

"Particularly nasty, The Torture Curse. CRUCIO!" he yelled.

I stood there as the spider started squealing! I didn't want to hear the sound of its screams nor did I want to see it struggling! I closed my eyes! My eyes started watering! Within minutes I was crying!"

"STOP IT!! CAN'T YOU SEE IT'S BOTHERING HER!! STOP IT!" Hermione yelled.

Moody stopped but I was still in shock! I didn't want to open my eyes! I could feel Moody walk away from me and walked up to a student's desk, probably Hermione. There was some kind of conversation between Moody and the student, but the only words that entered my ears was
"AVADA KEDAVRA" , the Killing Cruse. I knew he had killed the spider.

We were allowed to leave the class. I ran out the of the class, crying. Hermione, Harry and Ron came just behind me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IN ONE OF THE CORRIDORS

I was still crying . The squeals of the spider was echoing in my ears! Hermione was sitting next to trying to console me, while Ron and Harry were standing.

"What's going on mate?!" someone asked Ron, I knew it was Fred! I could recognize his voice anywhere!

The twins were here. Everyone kept quiet. Fred saw me me crying and immediately went on his knees, because I was sitting on a bench and he was too tall. He held my hand and started rubbing it softly.

"For Merlin's sake, will someone tell me what happened?!" George asked going on his knees.

"Professor Moody performed the Unforgivable Curses in the class!" Hermione said sounding angry.

"WHATT?!!" The twins said in unison, completely shocked.

"Yes, on a spider. He used the Cruciatus Curse, making her stand right in front of it! The squeals of the spider were just.. HORRIFYING!" she said.

"What a git!" George said.

Fred was still silent. The trio left. They probably knew I was in good hands(the twins). It was just me and the twins.

"You okay?" they asked together.

I started sobbing.

"Shh... It's gonna be ok!" Fred said, wrapping his arms around me and his hands brushing through my hair.

It felt good, but I just couldn't stop thinking about the spider and the way Moody used the Curses on her.

"Come on, let's get you to your dorm" George said standing up.

We all got up and headed to my dorm. We reached and I had to go alone now to the girls dorm, obviously I couldn't ask them to come with me. I went into my room and turned to close the door, but I saw the twins were at the door. They had followed me all the way up to my room.

"What are you doing here? It's the girls dorm" I said

"When did the rules ever applied to us?!" George said with a smirk.

Fred smiled looking at George and over to me. I was so happy to have friends like them I just embraced both of them with a hug! The two did the same too!

When we pulled apart George said with a smirk on his face, " Not trying to make Fred jealous are we?!"

"Oh shut up!" Both Fred and I said in unison.

I could feel my cheeks go red! Maybe it was as red as their hair! There was an awkward silence for a few seconds and all of us burst into laughter!

I laid on my bed and the twins sat beside me.

"Get some rest Ann. We'll see you later ok!" George said.

"Could you stay with me till I fall asleep!" I asked. I wanted them to be with me! I couldn't ask them to with me the whole day but at least till I fell asleep!

"I can't see a reason not to stay here!" George said.

" Surely Ann!" Fred said.

Fred was holding my hand the whole time! Eventually I drifted into sleep with my hand still in Fred's! I am not actually falling for him, am I? ! I know I should not feel this way! He has always cared for me as a sister! I always feel safe when he is around me! He is just my best friend that's all!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you liked it!
Let me know in the comments and don't forget to vote!