Chapter 12: The Second Task

I woke up in the morning, with the sun shining directly into the dorm. I sat upright on my bed and just thought about what happened last night, the moments I spent with Fred, the kiss. I couldn't help but put up a smile on my face. I got ready and got into my robs and went down to the Great Hall. I saw Fred and George sitting at the table.

"Morning Georgie!" I greeted him.

"Morning Ann!" he greeted me.

I was a bit nervous, more like shy to speak to Fred after what happened last night.

"So what I am invisible now?!" Fred said with a smile.

"No Freddie... I just... Good morning you idiot!" I said hesitantly at the start and then l began laughing.

George and Fred looked at me as though I was mental and then eventually, they too started laughing. We finished eating and we spoke for some time, though I might add, Fred was looking at me almost the whole time.

"Ann! Could you...you know...possibly... if you want to... I am not forcing you... but would you.."

"Oh spit it out!" George said irritated.

"Will you sit with me even in the second task?!" he asked finally!

"Gosh Freddie!! Why were you spluttering to ask that! I would obviously sit next to you! Irrespective of you asking!" I said with a smile.

"Yeah right!" he said. I could see his cheeks go red!

George was looking at us and smiling.

"Okay now, I got to go! I'll catch up with you later!" I said as I stood up.

"Where are you going?!" Fred asked.

"Harry! He might need some help with the clue for the next task!" I said.

"Okay!" he said.

"See you guys later!" I said as I walked out of the hall.

I was just walking around, searching for Harry, when I saw Harry and Cedric talking on the bridge. I walked towards them and heard Cedric saying,
"Just take your egg...mull things over in hot water"

By the look on Harry's face, I could tell he didn't quite understand what Cedric had told.

"Hey guys!" I greeted them.

"Hey Ann!" Harry greeted while Cedric called me Mia.

"Got to go Ann! See you later!" Harry said.

I smiled at him and saw him as he walked away. Cedric looked at me concerned.

"Hey Mia! Don't get mad at me after the second task!" Cedric said.

"Wha...Why would I get mad at you?!" I asked him confused.

"Just don't okay!" he said as tucked my hair behind my ears and he left, leaving me to think what he meant about.

I went back to the common room and was sitting was the couch when I saw Ron and Hermione going somewhere.

"You coming Ann?!" Ron asked me.

"Umm where exactly are we going Ron?!" I asked him.

"The library! Harry found the second clue!" Hermione said.

"Yeah let's go!" I said as I stood up.

IN THE LIBRARY

We went to the library where we saw Harry surrounded by books. We sat down trying to decipher the second clue.