Chapter 15: The Third Task

Today is the third task of the Triwizard tournament. I walked down to the common room and saw the twins sitting on the couch. Of course we had started speaking and back to normal, but I was still kind of nervous to talk to them.

"Hey guys! Mind if I sit with you at the third task?!" I asked them.

"Seriously Ann??! You make us feel like strangers, I swear on Merlin, we are gonna stop talking to you!" George said irritated.

"Yeah Ann! And besides who else would you sit with?!" Fred said with smirk.

"Fine..." I said as they stood up and we walked towards the stadium where the third task was being held.

There was a very lively atmosphere at the stadium. We found a place to sit and I sat between Fred and George. Then Amos walked into the stadium, followed Cedric, Fleur, Krum and finally Harry. We too started cheering for Harry and Cedric.
We were all cheering when Dumbledore yelled "Sonorus!", so the crowd settled down.

"Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the Triwizard Cup, deep within the maze. Only he knows the exact position. Now as Mr. Diggory and Mr. Potter are tied in first position, they will be the first to enter the maze, followed by Mr. Krum and Miss Delacour. The first person to touch the cup will be the winner" Dumbledore said and all of us started cheering.

"I have instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter. Should, at any point, a contestant wish to withdraw from the task, he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands." Professor said.

Then professor asked the champions to gather around and said something.

"On the count of three, one..." professor was saying when Filch already fired the cannon.

Harry and Cedric entered the maze. The atmosphere became silent, tensed as the champions entered the maze.

"They are going to fine right?!" I asked.

"Of course Ann! They will be fine!" Fred said reassuring me that nothing would happen.

Then we saw a red sparks in the sky, apparently someone wanted to withdraw.

After hours of waiting, Harry and Cedric were finally back with the cup. But something was wrong, Harry didn't seemed to be happy, he was crying and Cedric... he wasn't even moving.
Fleur screamed as she saw Cedric.

"Freddie..." I said as I stood up pointing at Cedric.

"He is...." Fred was saying when George finished what he was saying," Dead!"

We ran down to Harry and saw Dumbledore trying to pull Harry back from Cedric's lifeless body.

"He's back! He's back! Voldemort's back! Cedric, he asked me to bring his body back. I couldn't leave him, not there!" Harry said crying.

"It's alright right Harry! He's home! You both are!" professor told him.

I looked at Cedric! My eyes started to well up! The way his lifeless body laid on the ground! Amos came running to Cedric.

"That's my son! That's my boy! That's my boy! NO! NOO!!" he started screaming and crying.

My attention turned towards Moody who was pulling Harry away. I felt something was wrong. So I started following them.

"Ann, let's go!" George called out.

"Yeah yeah, just me give me two minutes" I said.

I followed them into Moody's office, but Moody saw me and stopped before closing the door. Harry too saw me.
"Ann! Cedric...! I couldn't save him!" he started crying again.