Chapter 21: Detention With Umbridge

I woke up in the morning in my dorm. Wait!! How did I get into my dorm? I was with Fred last night!

"Come on Ann!! Get Ready! We've got classes!" Hermione said.

"Umm Hermione.... How did I get into my room... I was with...." I was saying.

"...with Fred. We know. He told us you feel asleep on his shoulder when you both were sitting on the stairs. He was the one who brought you to the room, laid you on your bed and left!" Ginny said.

"Oh ok!" I said.

We walked down to the common room and were going out, when someone pulled me from behind. I turned to see it was Fred.

"Hey!!...umm....Morning!" I said.

"Morning Ann! Feeling good?!" he asked.

"Umm... yeah!" I said.

"You sure?!" he asked again.

"I am fine Freddie!" I said with a smile.

"Oh god! Tell her already!" someone said. We turned to see, George was sitting on the couch and Ron and Harry were ready to go to the classes.

"Don't you have classes!?" I asked George looking over to Fred.

"We have a free period!" Fred said.

"Well Ann. Don't you forget we have a class with the pink toad!" Ron said.

"Oh yeah! See you later Freddie, Georgie!" I said as I walked with Ron and Harry to our DADA(Defense Against the Dark Arts).

We made to our class and I sat next to Hermione. A paper bird was flying around the class. It was nice to see it. Suddenly it got burnt and landed on the Patil Twin's bench.

"Good morning, children." The new teacher, Umbridge, wished us.

"Ordinary Wizarding Level Examinations. More commonly known as OWLs" she said as she magically wrote on the board. "Study hard and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so and the consequences may be severe." She said.
She pointed her wand at the books and the books started placing themselves in front of each student.

"Your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven. But you'll be pleased to know, from now on you will be following a carefully structured, Ministry-approved course of defensive magic." She said. "Dark Arts Defence- Basics for Beginners"...is she bloody joking!?
I raised my hand.

"Yes?" she asked

"There's nothing in here about using Defensive spells" I told her.

"Using spells?!" she chuckled," Well, I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom." She said.

"We're not using magic?" Ron asked.

"You will be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk-free way." She said.

"Well, what's the use in that!?" I asked her.

"If we're going to be attacked, it won't be risk-free." Harry said.

"Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class" she said. "It is the View of the Ministry that theoretical knowledge will be sufficient to get through you examinations, which, after all, is what school is all about." She said.

"And how is theoretical knowledge supposed to prepare us for what is out there!?" I asked her.

"There is nothing out there dear. Who do you imagine would want to attack children, like yourself!?" she said.