Chapter 16: Mourning

Mia's POV

I woke in the hospital and saw no one was there. The last thing I remember was seeing Professor McGonagall. Yesterday was one of the worst days! You-Know-Who had returned, Cedric had died. He didn't deserve that! I stood up and was just setting myself properly when I heard the door open. After last's night incident, I was scared. I pointed my wand towards the entrance as I made my stand. Then I could see the person was red-haired. So I lowered my wand a bit but I was still cautious. The person finally came inside, it was Ron. I put my wand down.

"Bloody hell Ann, were you going to hex me?!" Ron asked.

"No Ron! I am sorry! I was scared after what happened last night!" I explained.

"Freddie is real lucky you know!" he said.

"What makes you say that?!" I asked him, when we heard the door open and saw a group of people coming inside. My eyes searched for Fred. Then I finally saw him and he saw me. And he ran towards me! He LITERALLY RAN towards me and before I knew it, I was in his arms.

"You are crazy, you know!" he said, still hugging me.

"I know!" I said as I giggled.

"You...bloody idiot...stood up against Barty Crouch junior! A death eater!" he explained.

"What?!" I asked as I DID NOT expect that name.

"Yes!! Barty Crouch junior!" He said as he pulled away.

We looked at each other and smiled. I looked at the others.

"Harry!!" I said as I pulled him into a hug.

"Thank you Ann! I am sorry about what happen last night! You didn't deserve it! But had it not been for you, I swear on Merlin, I would have died yesterday!" he said as we pulled away.

"Don't say that! You have no reason to be sorry!" I said.

Eventually everyone hugged me, George, Hermione, Ginny, Ron.

"Okay let's get going. We have to go to the Great hall." Harry said.

Sadness spread across the room. All of us entered the Great Hall and seated ourselves. The whole Hall was quiet, filled with sadness.

"Today, we acknowledge...a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was, as you all know...exceptionally hard-working...infinitely fair-minded...and most importantly...a fierce, fierce friend. Now I think, therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see...Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort. The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so, I think would be an insult to his memory. Now the pain...we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me...reminds us...while we may come from different places and speak different languages our hearts beat as one. In the light of the recent events, the bonds of friendship we've made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that, Cedric Diggory did not die in vain. You remember that...and we'll celebrate a boy who was kind, just, brave and true, right to the very end." Dumbledore said.

We left the hall and saw the Durmstrangs and Beauxbatons leaving. The twins, Ginny and I were standing around a corner.

"Everything is going to change, isn't it?!" I asked.

"Yeah! It is!" George said while Fred and Ginny kept quiet.

"Well I can't wait to go home and see mum!" I said as I hadn't seen her for a long time.

George and Ginny looked towards Fred. They were hiding something from me.

"What is it, Freddie?" I asked looking at him.