Chapter 61: Unexpected Guest

TIME SKIP

Fred's POV

I woke in the morning and saw neither was Ann here nor was Georgie. I walked out of the room and saw everyone was at the table, except Ann and Georgie.

"Where's Ann? And Georgie!?" I asked. Bill pointed at the window and I saw both were sitting outside. I noticed Ann's hair was shorter.

"Why is her hair short you asked!?" Charlie said standing next to me. I looked at him. "She cut her hair in the morning!"

"Why?" I asked.

"She didn't tell that!" he said.

"I'll be back!" I said and walked out. I walked on the shore towards them. They were speaking.

"Ann!" I said as I stood near her.

"Oh hey Freddie!" she said looking at me. "Come! Sit!"
I sat down next to her.

"Ann...why did you cut your hair!?" I asked her.

"It's only a bit!" she said.

"Okay! But why!?" I asked.

"I just wanted to!" she said.

"That's not an answer Ann!" I said.

"Come on Freddie! Do you like it or not!?" she asked.

"It's very nice! Anything you do I'll love it! But why all of a sudden!?" I asked.

"You liked it! That's all that matters!" Georgie said.

"I know exactly!" she said looking at Georgie over to me

"Georgie!!" I said.

"What!?" he said with a smile.

"It's okay Freddie!" she said locking her arms in mine.

"Ann!? You are fine right!?" I asked. She was talking normally, which I didn't expect.

"I'm fine Freddie!" she said.

"Are you running a temperature or something!?" I said touching her forehead.

"I'm fine you idiot!" she said with a smile.

"You aren't drunk right!?" I asked.

"When have I ever got drunk!?" she asked.

"No! it's just...I didn't..." I was saying.

"Expect me to speak like this after what happened! I know! What am I supposed to do!? Cry over it my whole life?" she said seriously. Now I knew she wasn't drunk or anything else.
"I don't want to miss out the present, you, Georgie, the others! I mean yeah it hurts... what happened and I feel why it should have been me! but this war...who knows how long I am going to live! I'd rather make the best of today, till I live instead of regretting it when about to die!" she said.

"Ann you are not going to die!" I said.

"How can you tell!?" she asked.

"Shut up Ann! You are not going to die! We'll all make it through together!" I said.
She didn't say anything.
"So what made realized this!?" I asked pulling her towards me.

"This idiot over here!" she said pointing at Georgie.

"Oh please! No! It was all her! I saw her sitting near the sea...I came...she gave me the same reaction she gave you! Quite surprising actually! I did give her few pieces of advice but it's all her!" he said.

"That's...that's good! I wasn't expecting this!" I said.

"So when did you wake up!?" she asked me.