Chapter 18: Grief-Stricken(continued)

THE NEXT DAY

Fred's POV

We woke up next morning and I was not in a mood to speak to anyone. Sirius was with Ann the whole night. They had buried her mum near the lake. All of us got ready. I lifted Ann, who had not yet gained consciousness and we all disapparated to what Sirius called 12 Grimmauld Place.

Sirius showed me a room in which there were three beds and asked me to lay Ann on one of the beds in that room. I laid her on the bed while George brought her trunk.

"But Sirius there are three beds. She might want to be alone when she wakes up!" I said.

"Yes she might want to, but I want you to be with her when she does." Sirius said with a smile.

George unpacked. Mum called him so he went down. All I did, was sit next to her, thinking of what Sirius and Remus said yesterday and how she was lying on the ground last night. My vision was blurred by my tears when George came inside.

"Mum is calling us for lunch" he said.

"Not in the mood, Georgie!" I said as I wiped away my tears.

"Odd don't you think! All the elders know who she really is and none of them are ready to tell us! There is something about her, of course there has always been, but there much more than what is meeting with our eye!" he explained. I kept quiet. I was deep in my thoughts.

"Come on let's eat!" he said

"No George!" I said.

"She wouldn't want to sit with her all day! She would want you to be healthy and strong! Who else would prank on her once she is awake?!" he said. That was actually true! She wouldn't want me to sit like that all day.

"Okay! I will wash my face and be right down with everyone!" I said.

I freshened up and placed a kiss on Ann's forehead before going down. I went down to see I was the last one. There was tension in the room.

"Freddie dear come sit down! Lunch is ready!" mum said and I sat. Remus sat in front of me.

"Fred, you will know everything! You just have to wait!" Remus said.

Everyone sat for lunch and we started eating, but Ann was missing. I never imagined her absence would disturb me so much. We finished eating and mum was putting away the dishes, when we heard someone screaming.

"ANN!" I said as George and I started running towards her room, Ron and Ginny were right behind us.

We reached when we saw mum, dad, Sirius and Remus were already there. They had apparated to her room. It was the same scene all over again. She was screaming, but wasn't awake. The same way it happened when her dad died. It was like she was having a nightmare.

"I WILL KILL YOU!! YOU TOOK AWAY EVERYTHING FROM ME! MUM WAS THE ONLY FAMILY I HAD!! I WILL NOT DIE BEFORE YOU! I WILL LIVE TO AVENGE MY MUM!! YOU ARE NO SISTER OF HERS!! YOU KILLED HER!! YOU WILL NEVER BE MY AUNT! YOU WILL ALWAYS BE A MURDERER IN MY EYES!!" she was screaming. I had never seen her so angry.
Mum and Sirius were trying to calm her down, when suddenly something like a gush of wind, which pushed us back. Sirius was trying to reach her, but couldn't because of some kind of energy, which seemed to be coming from Ann.

"I SWEAR ON MY DEAD PARENTS I WILL MAKE SURE YOU ARE DEAD!!" she yelled again. The energy which was coming from her, wouldn't let anyone go near her, but this time we were pushed to the floor. I couldn't see her like that!

"ANN!!" I called out to her! There was no response. The energy was still there, we were still being pushed onto the floor.

"MIAA!!" I yelled! Suddenly everything stopped! We were no more being pushed onto the floor!