Chapter 14: Back Together Again

It's been four days since I got to know dad died and today was his funeral. Professor McGonagall asked me to come to her office yesterday. She gave me a letter. It was from my mum. She said that my dad had died of heart-attack. She also said that she couldn't let me come to the funeral because she had already lost him and she couldn't see me in such a horrible state. The funeral would be done only by mum and my dad's friend. What kind of daughter would not attend her own dad's funeral!?

I walked into the Great Hall in the morning for breakfast and I saw the trio and the twins. THE TWINS!! I didn't actually speak to them after the incident at the hospital wing. I know they were only concerned for me! But at that moment, I seemed to have lost my thinking ability. The only thing running on my mind was dad. They did try to approach me the next day, but I walked away from there. It's hard without them. Every time I see them, I want to speak to them, but I am scared of where they may not talk to me. Today I finally plucked up the courage to speak to them. I have already lost dad. I can't afford to lose them too.

I walked up to them. I was too afraid to speak to them.

"Hey Ann!" the twins greeted me. I was so happy to hear that! Hermione, Ron and Harry too looked at me and they too greeted me! Hermione stood up and embraced me in a warm tight hug. My eyes started tearing. I tried to control my tears.

"Ca...Could...I...possibly...wouldn't you mind...if...." I was saying

"Of course you can sit with us Ann. We are your friends after all!" Fred said with a smile. A smile automatically appeared on my face. I sat next to Hermione with the twins and Ron opposite to me.

"Guys I am sorry about that day. I know you were only...." I was saying when Hermione cut me off.

"You have no reason to apologize, Mia. It was not your fault. I am sure even I would have done the same" she said.

"Thank you Hermione. But I have to apologize. Freddie, Georgie, I am really very sorry about that day! I know you were only concerned about me. I said things I shouldn't have. I was... I don't know what happened. I just couldn't accept the fact that dad had actually died and was not coming back. I have already lost dad. You all and mum are the only people I have left and I don't want to lose you too." I said almost in tears.

"It's okay Ann! Now enough of this you will make us all emotional!" Harry said with a smile.

"Yeah! And Ann isn't today..." Ron was saying when Hermione nudged his shoulder telling him to keep quiet. My eyes were locked on the twins who didn't say anything at all. They just looked at each other and then their plates. I sat there for some time, hoping they would speak to me, but they didn't. I assumed they didn't want to speak to me. I couldn't sit there anymore. I stood and turned towards the exit but before leaving I turned and looked at the twins.

"Guys, I know I messed up very bad and I understand if you don't want to speak to me anymore, but I want to tell you this... I am very sorry...from the bottom of my heart." I said almost crying and I ran out of the hall to my room.

I entered my room and fell on my knees. I started crying, no matter how much I tried to stop crying, the tears just didn't seem to stop.

"Oh dad! I have messed up! I messed up real bad! Why did you leave me!? Why did you leave me! I don't know what to do! I don't know if they are ever going to speak to me! Mum didn't even let me come to your funeral!" I started saying to myself between sobs.

"Ann?" a voice said from behind. It was George. I tried to wipe away my tears but he had already entered and seen me crying.

"Ann? What happened?! I mean I know it's a wrong question but why are you crying?!" he asked sitting next to me.

"George? Where's Fred? I know he doesn't want to talk to me and I understand if you don't want to talk to me too!" I said

"You know Ann if we didn't want to speak to neither of us would be here now!?" Fred said as he too sat next to me.

"Freddie! I didn't know you were here! I am really sorry! I know you were concerned and I acted like an idiot!" I said looking at him.

He didn't say anything but pulled me into hug. I cried into his chest, while George sat next to next to us. I had finally stopped crying, when Fred placed a kiss on my forehead.

"No matter what, we are never going to stop talking to okay!? Never again think like that!" he said rubbing my tears.

"Then why didn't you speak to me in the hall?" I asked him.

"Oh forget that! You know Freddie cried! After you left that day! And almost everyday after that" George said.

"Really?!  Freddie I am soo sorry!" I said looking at him.

"Shut it, Georgie! Or she is going to start crying again!" Fred told him with a smirk. I giggled.

"Now there is the smile I want to see!" Fred said. I smiled, had nothing much to do.

"Now! can we go to Hogsmeade!?" George asked.

"I can see why not Georgie! Ann?!" Fred asked me.

"Okay!" I said!

I embraced both of them into a tight hug!
What would I have done without these two idiots in my life! And we were off to Hogsmeade. I finally had my friends back!