Chapter 39- BEEN A MESS

DO ME A FAVOUR BY HITTING THAT STAR ICON AND VOTING FOR THIS CHAPTER:) HAPPY READING:)  

Aric opened his eyes slowly and gradually and he felt tired. For a moment he wondered where he is, it was not his room. Then the past twelve hours came crashing back to him. Wiana- pistol- Shayla kidnapped- arguments- and finally he was shot, by his stalker. 

He tried to sit up but a sharp pain coursed from his abdomen and he groaned. His ward was lightly illuminated by a dim light. He looked around and saw a figure sleeping on the small sofa chair.

"Gabrien?" Aric spoke hoarsely and he suddenly felt thirsty as his mouth was completely dry.

Gabrien wasn't a deep sleeper, especially not when he needed to be alert. He woke up with a jerk. "What who-"

"Can I have some water?"

"YOU ARE AWAKE!"

"Can you speak a little low," Aric spoke gruffly as he rubbed his eyes.

"Oh, sorry. Wait," Gabrien spoke almost in a whisper as he handed him the glass of water. He helped Aric get up in a sitting posture and Aric gulped down the water in one go.

"Hey, easy there man. How are you Aric? We all-"

"Where is Shayla?"

"You need to-"

"Is she fine? I need to see her, NOW."

"She's fine, everyone is fine, yo-"

"I want to see her. NOW," Aric said decisively.

Gabrien nodded as he turned around, only to be stopped by Aric, "Wait. What time is it?"

"It's three in the morning."

"Man. I have been out for long," Aric spoke with surprise. "Don't wake her up if she is sleeping."

"Sleeping?" Gabrien smiled as he shook his head. "You have no idea. She's been a mess, man, since you were..well...shot," Gabrien found it hard to say the last word. He after all loved his friend, and it broke his heart to say it out loud that one of his best friends was shot.

"She fainted when she saw you like that, bleeding and everything. Her pulse dropped. She was out too, for an hour. And when she woke up, her first word was Aric. But she didn't come inside-"

"Gabrien, call her, please," Aric spoke as he gulped down with sadness.

Dane and everyone else was standing in the lobby.

"We have to inform his parents. Their son was shot, for God's sake. Plus, it's a police case now," Leslie was saying this to the group when Gabrien came with a bright face, "Guys! He's up!"

"What!"

"Oh finally!"

"Thank god."

"Dane, you call his parents."

"Let's meet him."

"No, not now. He wants to see Shayla first," Gabrien said to which everyone smiled softly.

"I'll get her," Dane said.

Shayla inhaled and exhaled, shakily, multiple times before opening the door to Aric's private ward, slowly with shivery hands.

I won't cry, I won't cry, won't cry, Shayla told herself as she took small hesitant steps inside his ward. She felt cold, so cold. Her pulse elevated.

She stopped a few steps away from his bed as she saw him, sitting on the bed, with an innocent, heart-melting smile. His smile made her heart grow warm. She wasn't cold anymore.