Chapter 62- AS A FRIEND

VOTE :) 

An egoistic cold person can become a grounded soft flower and a coward can turn into a fearless being, in love. Love changes people miraculously.  

Aric was never insecure about anything. Aric never felt insecure about somebody. And jealousy? This word didn't exist in his life.

Now, here he was. Country's most successful Youtuber and jealous of a tall guy with dimples. Why? Because that guy held her in his arms.

He didn't like it. Not at all.

He wasn't a violent person but when he saw Nienal standing so close to Shayla, he just wanted to push him aside and yell to his face that stay away from her. He knew he was over-reacting but it wasn't under his control. The way Nienal was looking at her, Shayla was naive about it. Aric knew he was taking an interest in her.

Shayla always disliked possessive guys. Dominant, possessive guys weren't her type. And here she was, trying to calm her racing heart after seeing Aric being possessive. She couldn't deny the fact that she was liking this side of his.

Aric was still holding her wrist as now they were climbing the stairs to Shayla's hostel room.

"How did you find me?" Shayla asked as Aric was hurrying up the stairs and Shayla tried her best to match his pace.

"What was his name again?" Aric asked without paying heed to her question.

"How did you know I was in the paper room?" Shayla asked without answering his question.

"How did you fall? You should have been careful, Shayla. What if you were alone in there and hurt yourself?" Aric asked.

"Why are you here again?" Shayla asked 

"I don't like that boy. He was totally hitting on you," Aric said and irritation was clearly evident in his voice.

"His name is Nienal and he wasn't hitting on me," Shayla finally answered his question as she knew he won't answer hers if she won't answer his.

"I called Res. She told me you got detention....and he was hitting on you," Aric spoke.

"Yeah, I texted Res that I got detention--"

"I'm advising you as a friend, that Anal is not a good guy," Aric cut her off.

"His name is Nienal, not Anal," Shayla said while trying her best not to laugh.

"Yeah, pretty much the same," Aric said while making a sour face but Shayla wasn't able to see it.

"Why are we here?" Shayla asked as she moved her left hand around, in the air.

"Open the door," Aric said as they reached in front of the room. 

"Only if you'll leave my hand," Shayla said as she pointed her eyes at his hand which was firmly holding her wrist. Aric reluctantly let go of her hand and she pulled out the key to her hostel room and opened the door. Aric ushered her inside and closed the door behind him. 

"You are jealous," Shayla spoke more than asked, amusingly. 

"I'm not denying it," Aric said cooly.

"He wasn't hitting on me. Relax-"

"Yes, he was," Aric said categorically. "You don't know boys. I know. I'm a boy. The way he was looking at you-"

"Why would he hit on me-"

"Look at you! You are beautiful! Only a fool wouldn't like you."

"Now you are exaggerating," Shayla shook her head as she said so.