Chapter 12- SPECS WITH BRAIN

A/N- Thank you for reading this book. Thank you for your valuable comments and votes. Stay hooked :) 

Thud!    

Kalier fell to the floor with a loud thud. Everything happened in a blur. One moment Kalier and Aric were glaring at each other and the very next moment, in a blink of an eye, Aric punched Kalier straight on his nose impactfully that he stumbled back with pain and shock and ultimately fell down on his back. Aric's right hand's knuckles turned red and stung as he punched. Kalier surely didn't see that coming. The velocity of Aric's punch was enough to prove how angry he was. 

Nobody came amidst them. It was Aric's and Kalier's fight. 

It was true that Kalier had a well-muscled body and Aric was lean and didn't use to do any workout, but he was strong. Strong with alpha-determined behavior. He had guts- guts to mess with those who mess with him and his friends.

"This one is for misbehaving with Shayla. Learn how to respect girls. She is not a bitch. I wonder how you would have reacted if somebody would have called Elliema a bitch," Aric spoke to Kalier, his tone laced with seriousness.

Shayla's heart squeezed painfully upon hearing Elliema's name from his lips. My name sounded better from his mouth, Shayla spoke. Oh shut up Shayla, now is not the time to think about this, she mentally scolded herself.

Kalier wiped off the blood from his nose as he stood up and growled, "Asshol-" 

SMACK!!! 

Kalier stumbled back as Aric punched him right across his left cheek and his left hand's knuckles turned red, too.

"And this one is for messing with Gabrien. Now listen to me very carefully, Ribert. I had been ignoring your shit for the past couple of months just because of Elliema. But now I'm done. This is the last time I'm warning you to stay away from me and my people, or else even I don't know what I'll do to you, and solely YOU will be responsible for that."

All Kalier could see was red. He charged at Aric and punched him across his face. Shayla flinched as she advanced towards Aric but Dane signaled her to stop. She silently nodded and stood still at her spot. She understood that Aric won't appreciate anyone interfering because it was their fight.

Shayla was worried that Aric would end up wounding himself badly because Kalier looked very strong with his biceps and everything, but Shayla was wrong as Aric was ready to give Kalier a tough fight. Height, weight, and body doesn't matter in a fight when you are highly fuelled with anger, when you are aggravated to the highest tangent, and when your patience gives up. It's anger, then, which gives you strength to fight, not muscles. It's the adrenaline that pushes you to fight more and more until all of your exasperation is liberated.

Aric stumbled back by Kalier's punch but quickly composed himself as he raised his fist which was stopped by Kalier in mid-air, in response to which Aric kicked on Kalier's left inner thigh and his body jerked back. Aric didn't give him time to recover or react as he kicked again, this time more vigorously, on the same spot.

He knows some good moves, well I heard he's is a big fan of action movies, Shayla thought to herself as she was amazed seeing Aric in action.

Kalier groaned in pain as he tried to charge on Aric but Aric gave him two quick vigorous kicks on the exact same spot, again, and that was it. Kalier wailed loudly with anger and pain as his left leg gave up and he sat on the floor with his leg stretched out.

"You need brain too, to fight; didn't you know that? You are all abs and no brain. Have you heard that idiom 'All bark and no bite'? It suits you perfectly," Aric spoke, slightly panting.