Chapter 37(A)- TWELVE HOURS

PLEASE VOTE:) HAPPY READING:) 

Life can be both fair and unfair at the same time.    

The past twelve hours were the worst hours of Shayla and Aric's life. Shayla never felt this anger, this murderous rage inside her.

Basil came and sat beside Shayla and patted her back. Shayla looked at him and her nose tingled as tears welled up in her eyes and she spoke in a broken voice, "This trip was supposed to be great."

"Trip was great Shayla. Wiana wasn't," Basil spoke meekly.

Tears of anger fell from Shayla's eyes. She was replaying the past twelve hours inside her head when Basil shook her and spoke, "Shayla? Your mobile is ringing."

It was Nattie.

She wasn't in the state to talk to anyone but at the same time, she needed someone to share her pain with.

She got up from the waiting room and went to the washroom.

"Hey! We were waiting for your call. That's not fair," Nattie said.

"You promised you'll call us tonight and it's already past twelve so we called you," Bianca said.

Shayla didn't speak anything. She knew she was about to burst into tears.

"Coco?" Nattie said when she received nothing but silence from Shayla's end.

Shayla sniffed.

"Hey, Coco? You fine?" Bianca asked softly and timidly.

Shayla's lips wobbled and she started crying softly. "I....I.....He's not...not waking up. And I...I...I don't have the strength to see...to see him like this."

"Shayla, what are you talking about?" Nattie asked worriedly as her heartbeat increased and so did Bianca's.

"Where are you? What is happening?" Bianca asked with all rush and confusion and anxiety.

"I'm at the...the hospital," Shayla spoke amidst her sobs.

"WHAT!" Nattie and Bianca bellowed together.

"Yes..." Shayla whispered as she wiped her tears.

Nattie's eyes widened in shock as she spoke, "How is this poss-- We just talked to you in the morning. You were all happy and chirpy. You and Aric made breakfast and everything---"

Bianca spoke - no- Bianca shouted anxiously, "What the hell happened in these twelve hours? You were so cheerful---"

Nattie asked shakily, "And what did you mean by he is not waking up...Who's he?"

Shayla felt her head spinning with agony. She felt as if someone had stabbed her right across her heart millions of times. She spoke in a painful whisper as she sobbed, "Aric."

Both Nattie and Bianca looked at each other with a horrified expression. Their mouths went dry.

Bianca spoke quietly, like a five-year-old scared girl, "What is going on?"

Shayla took in a deep breath as she started telling her best friends about the worst twelve hours of her life.

Twelve hours ago

Dane opened the door to Aric's bathroom and found him brushing his teeth with a goofy smile plastered on his lips.

And now, maybe, 'we' is happening.

Shayla's words, which she wrote, were imprinted in his head. Those words weren't ready to leave Aric's head and heart.

"Oh my. What happened to you? You aren't a morning person."