Chapter 51- UNDER THE MOON

PLEASE VOTE... IT BOOSTS ME UP TO WRITE MORE.... HAPPY READING :)

************************************ 

How could everything be alright when a letter-sender was stalking them. How could everything go fine? It was very stupid of Shayla to think that everything is back to normal. Shayla thought all of these things angrily as she hurried down the stone steps and made her way towards the small park of her university. 

She took furious steps and continued blaming her luck. 

I was happy at the concert...then Elliema...no, not Elliema, I screwed up.
I was happy at the trip, but then Wiana screwed up.
I was happy today, and that stupid letter-sender screwed up, Shayla thought as her face scrunched up irritably.

Shayla tried to be calm in front of Respina because she didn't want to accept the fact that Respina was right, earlier, about informing the police about it. What if something would have happened to Leslie? Did she underestimate that anonymous person? Scary thoughts haunted her as she thumped down on the park bench and raked her hands through her scalp. She was beyond irritated and frustrated as she snatched open her small bun and her leftover hair fell down.

Trivil and Respina were making their way towards the park when someone called out their name. Both of them turned around and saw Aric standing in his creamy white shirt with dark blue jeans, and a dark blue mask covering his lips and nose.

"Aric?! What are you doing here? It's almost one in the morning," Respina said as she looked at her mobile screen for the time.

"I was on my way here when Dane called me and told me what happened," Aric said calmly. His forehead and specs shone under the dim lights coming from the celebration hall's entrance.

"Arghh... Stop this!" Respina spoke to Aric in annoyance.

"Stop what?" Trivil asked perplexedly while Aric raised his eyebrows at Respina.

"Stop acting all calm...and composed...and relaxed!" Respina gritted out frustratingly. "First Shayla, now you. It's irritating the hell out of me seeing you guys react so normally as if everything is good..everything is great. When will this all end!? I'm so mad right now-"

"Where is Shayla?" Aric asked more calmly this time.

Respina took a sharp intake of breath as she pointed her index finger towards the small pavement leading to the park.

Aric nodded at her in gratitude as he made his way to the park.

The park was illuminated with moonlight and with four lampposts, dimly lit.

The air left his lungs in a whoosh as he saw her sitting on the bench and her eyes on the full moon. A soft breeze was flowing through her hair. She looked so fragile and lost at that moment which made Aric's already swollen heart swell more with both happiness and sadness. He was happy as she wore that dress and she looked enchanting. He was sad as some crazy person ruined her day.

His eyes fell on the tiara which she was carelessly holding in her left hand. A smile made his way to his lips. Guess she won some title, he thought with contentment.

Shayla kept staring at the moon while Aric kept staring at the girl in a yellow gown, sitting in front of his eyes, oblivious to his presence.

Shayla felt pessimistic. The bad thoughts kept hitting her mind. She felt as if nothing would be right, as if everything would go wrong now. Suddenly she felt her eyes going hot and her throat going tight. She was about to cry.

This is too much. What is this all happening? How would I have faced Dane and Respina if something would have happened to Leslie? How could I have faced Leslie? Shayla palmed her forehead as she tried not to cry. She again looked up at the moon then closed her eyes and whispered meekly, "I want happiness and peace...for my friends and for me...please God."