Chapter 14- YELLOW

Your comments make me smile. Happy reading :)

"You never took this much time to get ready, is anything special today?" Oliandrin asked skeptically with his brows raised and Aric decided to ignore his elder brother's questioning look. 

"This shirt looks good on me? Or this one? Or this? Nah, no yellow. I don't think yellow suits me, definitely not my color," Aric said as he was standing in front of the mirror, trying on different shirts.

"You never wore yellow. Try yellow this time," Oliandrin suggested as he sat on the chair beside the mirror.

"You sure?" 

"I don't know from where you got the idea that yellow isn't your color. Try it on bro."

"Okay, if you say so. Yellow it is then."

"You have never been to a club before?!!" Respina shrieked.

"You shouldn't be this shocked. I am not from a big city, Res. There was only one club in Baskville, and that too was far away from my home. I, Nat, and Bee aren't party lovers or party animals so we never went to a club. Now you get it, Res? Why I'm uneasy about clubbing and stuff? It's my first time going to a club and guess who will be there.....CARRYWIZZ. Wow, raise a toast to my lucky luck," Shayla spoke sarcastically as she threw some of her dresses on the bed.

"You know I feel like I should laugh at myself. Being his fan I should be happy that now I'm his friend, he himself asked me to join him at the club, but look at me....all nervous and fearful."

"Arghhh! Remember what we talked about yesterday? About you going with the flow and everything? Stick with it, PLEASE. It's already seven. We have to reach there by eight," Respina said with a frown on her face.

"Yeah, sorry. My bad. Enough with this shit. He wants to be my friend? Fine, let's be friends then. Tonight he will meet the real Shayla."

"You need not worry though. Elliema won't be there. Aric didn't tell her about club night."

"Why??"

"He is still angry over Kalier's issue. Also, he knows we don't like her. It would be uncomfortable. We don't hang out with Elliema often, until and unless it's her or Aric's birthday. If she would be there then either I or she'll create a scene and nobody, including Aric, wants that...especially in front of our new friend," Respina winked to which Shayla shook her head.

"Come on just choose something to wear. Only a short dress I'm telling you. It's a must. You'll look hot," Respina said as she opened her wardrobe and started looking for a dress for herself.

Shayla had bought only two bodycon short dresses in total, one dark blue and one yellow, with her in the hostel.  

"Going to wear yellow. It's my color. Totally suits me."

The club was enveloped with various disco lights. There was a bar at the right corner of the club. Aric along with Trivil, Basil, and Gabrien was sitting at the bar stools, impatiently glancing at his watch from time to time. It was 8:16 p.m. when Dane and Leslie arrived.

"Guys, breaking news, Mr. Aric - yeah this gentleman sitting over here who is continuously glaring at his smartwatch - arrived sharp at 8. Can you guys believe it? Last time he was on time during the game night on new year's eve, after that today's the day when this late-comer is on time," Trivil spoke mirthly while Dane smirked but Aric didn't pay heed to Trivil or others as his eyes were now roaming over at the entrance of the club.

"Looking for someone?" Leslie asked amusingly.

"Huh? No, nothing. Umm.. where is your little sister? She usually arrives on time," Aric asked as he was shaking his legs lightly which he usually does when he is excited or nervous. And this time, he was both.

"You meant Respina and Shayla, right?" Dane said with a smirk.

"Stop smirking. It's irritating me," Aric said. This bastard knows me soo frigging well.

"I'm going to get drunk tonight and going to sleep like a sloth, over the bar counter," Basil spoke as he gulped down his fifth cocktail drink.

"Hey, there is 'loaded-with-guts' girl," Gabrien shouted enthusiastically as he saw Respina and Shayla.

Aric was mesmerized as he saw her, walking towards him confidently, in that yellow V-neck sleeveless short dress, hugging her body tightly. 

Why do you have to be so pretty every single time, Shayla? Aric spoke to himself as he tried to avert his gaze from Shayla before anyone notices him checking her out, but like always, Dane noticed him and winked at him to which Aric rolled his eyes.

Shayla and Respina stopped before Aric as Shayla spoke, "Sorry guys. It's my first time being late. I don't like being late but this stupid roommate of mine took years to choose a dress."

"Wow, you know it's the first time that Aric arrived on time. Peculiar things are happening tonight, right Aric?" Dane spoke with glee.

Aric gave him a 'meet-me-outside-I'll-kill-you' look.

Shayla raked her eyes over Aric, from top to bottom. She was finding difficulty in breathing. He looked so handsome in his yellow shirt with black stripes and white ripped jeans. His sleeves were folded up and Shayla was finally able to look at his tattoos. There was a tattoo on each forearm. Sexy, a voice inside Shayla's head spoke to her.

He is soo hot. Why in the hell you are soo hot, damn it. You are making everything soo difficult for me, unknowingly, Shayla groaned mentally.

"You guys are twinning," Dane said pointing towards Shayla and Aric, "You don't like wearing yellow. I am amazed to see you in yellow Aric, you should wear yellow often, suiting you dude."

Aric nodded while suppressing his smile while Shayla was shocked over this yellow coincidence.

"Hey Shayla, Dane told me about your ferocious side yesterday. The way you were all angry over Kalier and Nikos, was amazing. I mean I'm happy that you too are in Hate-Ribert-Club," Leslie said as she nudged Shayla playfully. 

Shayla's cheeks turned red as she blushed which made Aric's heart melt as he grinned.

"You guys can call her Coco, she gives this privilege only to her friends, right Coco?" Respina said with a big smile on her face.

"Umm.. yeah...You guys can call me Coco...although I hat----"

"Your nickname is Coco? That's adorable," Aric spoke up before he could stop himself. He mentally slapped himself as he thought, 'This girl makes me lose my control every single time.'

Shayla's face turned red as Aric complimented her. She was about to say that she hates her nickname but when Aric complimented her, she decided otherwise.

Hmm...Coco...I love this nickname. And I love you Nat for choosing this name for me, a voice inside her head spoke.

"Enough with the chitter-chatter you boring peeps, let's get drunk tonight," Basil shouted over-excitedly as he was already half-drunk.

Everyone chuckled as Basil swayed a little as he got up from the stool while Shayla spoke up, "Umm...I don't drink."

Oh, tonight you'll definitely drink Coco, Respina thought with a naughty smirk on her face as an idea formed inside her head.

This is going to be the most fun night of your life, Shayla Paeker, Respina spoke mentally.

************************************************************

When the plot of this book came up in my mind and I decided to write and publish it, I thought nobody is going to read it, but your votes and comments made me soo fucking happy. I know the number is small, but still, it makes me happy that people are reading my book .. so THANK YOU!!!!

Comment your views and suggestions about this chapter.

Do vote if you liked it.

Until next chapter xoxo.