Chapter 58- A BET IN THE PAST

Please vote :) happy reading :))

"When I said that my life is getting monotonous and I need some spark, I didn't mean this. Perhaps the angels above in heaven misinterpreted my prayers," Aric said to Dane, who was sitting in Aric's room with a blank expression.  

"I...just...don't...understand," Dane said stoically with his wide eyes fixed on the floor and his body bent a little forward and face down. 

"Let me make you understand pal," Aric said as he sat beside Dane, on the chair, and spoke as if he were talking about a pleasant topic, "A psycho stalked us, then kidnapped Shayla, then tried to shoot her but instead shot me, and then she was arrested and we thought that The Psycho Stalker chapter is closed forever, but then VIOLA! She broke free from a psychiatric hospital. And now, apparently, she will come after you guys or Shayla. Why? Because she's a psycho."

"It's just you and me who know about this?" Dane asked as he sat straight on his chair.

"And me," Oliandrin spoke in his deep, calm voice as he entered the room. "My little brother got shot last time and I knew nothing about what was going on. Neither he cared to call me last time nor anyone of you did. I don't want him to land into deep shit this time. So, we are taking things my way, now."

Dane and Aric knew there was no point in arguing with Oliandrin because he was in his no-nonsense mode. Oliandrin was way too different from his younger brother Aric. While Aric had a light beard on his face, Oliandrin was clean-shaven with a sharp jawline. Aric was 5'8 with a lean body while Oliandrin was muscular with 6'2 height. Olinadrin loved sports and owned a sports academy so it was pretty obvious why he had such a good physique. He never joked, he wasn't funny like Aric. He was brooding with a dominant and 'Don't mess with me else you are dead' personality. 

"Who are we to oppose you," Aric spoke to his brother.

"I'm not happy with you, Dane," Oliandrin said sternly.

"Me? Oli what did-"

"You are Aric's friend and his manager. You were supposed to inform me when you found that note back at the cottage. Aric is stupid, what more I can expect from him." Aric raised his hands in the air in disbelief as Oliandrin said so. "But you," Oliadrin pointed his thumb at Dane, " You were expected to act better."

"Okay, okay," Dane raised his right hand in surrender and spoke meekly, " I know I should have acted maturely. And how many times would you give me the same lecture? You said the same thing on the phone when Aric was in the hospital, and then the same thing again when he was discharged, and then again when the nurse came to remove his stitches, and then--"

"I will keep saying it until and unless you don't actually get my point. Why didn't you inform me that Wiana is being transferred to the hospital?" Oliandrin asked Dane as he folded his arms across his chest.

"He asked - no- he strictly threatened me not to," Dane pointed his finger at Aric.

"What? Don't put this on me-" Aric spoke frighteningly(yes, right now he was afraid of his elder brother because he was right on his stand).

"How many times Dane? You are a manager too. Don't listen to him when it comes to things like this," Oliandrin spoke and shook his head.

"And you," Oliandrin pointed his thumb at Aric, "Invite Shayla for dinner. I want to meet her."

"Wait, what?!" Aric asked confusingly as he rose to his feet. "Why her?"

"Because I want to talk to her. I want to explain some things to her, which you, clearly, failed to explain," Oliandrin spoke.