Chapter 23- HATE DORITOS

As I promised...Double update!!!!!!! VOTE!! Happy reading :))

"And you look cute with this red face," Aric spoke and Shayla felt that she would faint right in front of him.   

Asshole Aric. Why can't you just control your mouth in front of her, Aric thought to himself as he glanced at his hands which were still holding her shoulders. He quickly removed his hands and the warmth that Shayla was feeling under his touch evaporated.

"Umm...Why are you here?" Shayla felt like jumping out of the balcony the moment she opened her mouth. Stupid Shayla, you sounded soo rude, she thought.

Aric stared at her with amusement. He knew she didn't mean to be rude, she was just nervous and embarrassed and was at a loss for words. It amazed him how quickly he managed to read her expression and how quickly he started to understand her even in her silence. She is definitely different, he thought.

"I didn't mean to intrude. I thought that no one was inside. I just came to grab Dane's car keys and---"

"I'm sorry. I'm soo stupid. I didn't mean to be rude, it is just that...you caught me off guard while I was-"

"Warming up?" Aric spoke amusingly.

Shayla's eyes widened but she quickly composed herself, "You can say so."

"I liked this new style of warming up," Aric chuckled as he spoke. "Why were you warming up though?"

"Uhem...umm...Aric, actually I wanted to apologize for my behavior. I was a mess that day. I don't prefer drinking and everything is new for me. I came from a small town. This clubbing and concerts....everything is new for me. It will take me some time to adjust...I am-"

"I understand," Aric said as his face softened. "I know everything is new for you. I just want you to consider others and me your friend. Trust me, we don't bite." Shayla chuckled as Aric said so.

"I know. I like you guys. It's just that I'm your-"

"Fan?" Aric spoke as he wiggled his eyebrows funnily.

How is he completing my sentence every single time, she wondered with widened eyes.

"Thinking how I'm completing your sentences?" Aric spoke as he flashed a cute grin.

Shayla's eyes widened more as she thought, He can read my mind too??!

"No, no I'm not a mind reader. You told me yourself, that you are my fan," Aric spoke as he chuckled.

Shayla looked at him confusingly as her eyes asked him When?

"When you were drunk," Aric said as he stared at her amusingly.

Shayla palmed her face as she groaned loudly, "God! What more I have done that night? Wait! Don't tell me. I don't want to embarrass myself anymore."

Aric chuckled lightly as he spoke, "I won't tell you a thing, you'll remember it all by yourself, one day."

They both stared deep into each other's eyes as Aric said so.

Aric cleared his throat which snapped them back to the present as he said, "So you were saying?"

"That I'm your fan. You are a star for me. It will take some time for me to believe that you are my friend now," Shayla spoke.

"I don't like when you act cold around me," Aric's confession shocked Shayla as she felt butterflies in her stomach.

"I need you to warm up around me. I don't want you to treat me like some celebrity, Shayla. I am not a celebrity. I'm just a guy who makes videos, that's it. I don't like when my friends treat me like some great Youtuber or whatever. Not everybody knows me, Shayla. Those who watch my videos, know me, and those who don't watch, don't know me."

Shayla stared at him as Aric spoke softly, "You are my friend and I'm your friend, so treat me like one, don't treat me like a famous Youtuber and stuff. I feel like I'm a ghost or something when you talk to Dane and others so freely and openly but with me, you crawl back into your shell," Aric chuckled as he spoke.

Shayla was dumbstruck. He seriously wants us to be friends, she thought dreamily.

"I'm sorry if I made you feel that way. I promise it won't happen again. I'm gonna treat you like a friend," Shayla smiled to which Aric grinned.

"Never gonna treat me like an asshole celeb and stuff?"

"Never," Shayla spoke as she shook her head childishly which made Aric chuckle.

"WAIT!" Shayla shouted, which startled Aric, as she grabbed a notebook and pen from her study table and spoke, "Autograph, please? Promise this is the last time I'm treating you like CarryWizz," Shayla giggled which melted Aric's heart as he gave her his autograph with a sweet message beneath it- I pray and wish for you to become a successful writer.

Shayla stared at it dreamily. She couldn't believe that he remembered what she told him back at the club, that she wants to be a writer. He remembered, she thought, and then quickly closed her notebook before it could make her emotional.

"Well," Aric began but stopped. He was thinking of something to talk about. He didn't want to leave. He wanted her company. He thought to talk about that viral pic but then decided not to. He reckoned that it might spoil her mood.

Shayla had two options. Either she could give him keys which would be a cue for him to leave which she didn't want, or she could offer him Doritos and they could have some light conversation.

"You wanna have some Doritos?" Shayla asked hesitantly.

Aric's face lit up, "Yes. I love Doritos."

He lied. He hated Doritos. But his desire to be with her overpowered his hatred for Doritos.

Dane knew he won't come back anytime soon so he went to meet Leslie.

Aric and Shayla sat on her bed and talked for hours while munching on Doritos. She told him about Baskville and her life there. She told him about her good memories related to her hometown.

Aric told her about the hard work he did to become what he was today. He told her about his crazy school memories.

Both never took the name of Mikeg or Elliema.

There was no doubt that from that day onwards Aric and Shayla actually became friends.

*************************
This was a light chapter but it was needed. I waited so long to write this chapter.

This chapter marks the beginning of their friendship.

Comment your views. It will help me to improve.

Until next chapter xoxo