PROLOGUE

All the places mentioned are imaginary. 
Short verses and poems in this book are written by me.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©

SOME OF THE CHARACTERS NAMES ARE IMAGINARY. SUCH NAMES DON'T EXIST. I LIKE EXPERIMENTING SO I MAKE UP NAMES FOR MY CHARACTERS.
NAMES OF PLACES AND COUNTRIES ARE IMAGINARY. THEY DON'T EXIST IN REAL.

READ THE ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE READING THIS CHAPTER. IT WILL CLEAR ALL YOUR DOUBTS.
______________________________________________________________

Shayla Paeker tapped her feet on the floor impatiently as she glanced at the wall clock, that hung far above the green board.  

Okay, ten more minutes to go, Shayla spoke to herself, Just don't sleep. Keep your eyes wide open, you are on the stupid first bench...just don't sleep.

"And I need a six-page assignment on actin filament, detailed," Professor Joshial spoke to which sixty students in the class grunted a yes. 

Shayla, again, glanced at the wall clock, and spoke to herself, Still ten minutes left! Ooof! 

She started drumming her fingers lightly on her thighs, under the bench. Shayla was a studious girl and if she was feeling drowsy in the class then we can all guess how boring the class was.

She started looking here and there when Mr. Joshial turned his face towards the green board. She saw a girl checking the time on her wristwatch with an exhausted look on her face. Nattie was her name?  Nattie Baereil? Shayla thought. Then she saw another girl yawning and then exhaling her breath frustratingly. Oh, I remember her. She's Bianca. Is she? Shayla doubted herself because she knew she wasn't very good at remembering the names. She had a very sharp memory but when it comes to names, no.

Shayla rubbed her face and then pinched her thigh tightly because her eyes were closing. She groaned internally when she saw the clock and nine minutes were left for the boring lecture to get over. 

"YOU! GET UP!"

Shayla quickly jerked her body straight on the bench as she heard the professor yell. For a moment she thought that the yell was intended for her. But then she saw Bianca getting up and she sighed in relief. 

So it was true after all. What Shayla heard about Professor Joshial. That he was the worst one.

"Do you pay the fees to nap? It's your only first day at the college and you are already trying to take a nap amidst such an important lecture? What's your name?" Mr. Joshial asked rather furiously.

"Bianca Rikil," Bianca replied nervously.

"Ms. Rikil, you can ask your seniors and they will tell you that I don't tolerate such behavior in my class. I'm investing my time in you guys with the hope that you'll all learn something...so LEARN," Mr. Joshial said sternly.

I'm sorry, professor," Bianca said meekly. She felt embarrassed as all the eyes were on her now. "Won't happen--"

"No detention because it's your first day. If it happens again, well, your seniors will give you an elaborate account of how pleasant my detentions are," Mr. Joshial said with a frowning face and beckoned Bianca to sit down.

As Bianca sat down, her eyes made contact with Shayla's. She gave her a small smile with a pitiful look to which Bianca smiled back. 

BRRRINGG!!!

The bell rang and Shayla was the first to get up on her feet and quickly dash out of the classroom after collecting her belongings. She was hurrying down the corridor when she saw a group of four boys laughing crazily. As she passed by them she heard one of them say, "No doubt why CarryWizz is counted as our country's best Youtuber. Makes me laugh every single time."