Chapter 20- CLICKED!

When a murderer on the loose is finally caught by the police, that's exactly what Shayla was feeling, as if all of her crimes have been revealed and she would be sentenced to life imprisonment or worse, death. She felt exposed.   

Respina was cursing in a whisper when Aric snatched Shayla's phone from her hand, "SHIT?!! You gotta be kidding me!!"

"What is it?" Gabrien asked, to which Aric handed him the mobile.

"Oh hell no," Gabrien whispered.

It was a picture of Aric standing at the mouth of the dark isolated alley with Shayla in his arms. All the fan pages of CarryWizz had posted that picture with the captions like 'Carry is committed?' 'Is this girl his girlfriend?' 'We are so happy that Carry found the love of his life,' etcetera etcetera. 

Respina felt like banging her head on the wall. This was the first time since last night that she was actually regretting her plan of getting Shayla wasted. She should have listened to her elder sister. Leslie was right about considering her plan dumb.

Aric was in shock. His mind froze. He didn't know what to say or how to react. The club where they went was highly expensive with full privacy and he was sure that he won't get clicked there, but how could he forget that there is no such thing as privacy on the streets. He groaned internally as he looked at Shayla tensely. 

"Well, the good side to the story is that Shayla's face isn't visible, at all," Gabrien spoke hesitantly in the hope that it would soothe Shayla but Shayla stood still, staring into oblivion.

Gabrien was right about Shayla's face not being in view as Aric was carrying her in a bridal style, her right cheek was buried into his chest and the left side of her face was covered with her black wavy hair.

"How did Nattie and Bianca recognize her when her face is not visible," Respina asked more to herself, thoughtfully.

"The dress and flats which I wore last night were gifted to me by them on my twentieth birthday," Shayla spoke absentmindedly.

Aric cleared his throat twice before he spoke, "Shayla, I know this is a big deal and I'm truly-" 

"I need to go," Shayla said in a small voice as she took her mobile from Gabrien and advanced toward the front door of the house.

Aric walked after her to stop her but Respina held him back, "Aric, don't stop her. You have more things to deal with right now. You are in more mess than her. I'll look after her and you look after your girlfriend. You know she is going to create a scene now, going to throw a fit" saying this Respina ran after Shayla.

Shayla was advancing towards the gate hurriedly when she collided with a hard chest and looked up. It was Dane. 

By judging the look on Shayla's face he understood that she knows everything. "Shayla, oh God. I know this all is a bit messy but-"

"Dane I'll talk to you later. I need to go," Shayla said calmly as she walked past him. Dane knew that this calmness of her was like the calmness before a storm so he didn't stop her. 

"Dane, you-" Respina spoke as she saw Dane but he interrupted her, "Take my car and drive carefully."

Respina nodded with gratitude as she went after Shayla and asked her to sit inside the car and to Respina's shock she didn't deny it as she quietly sat inside the car and they drove off to their hostel.

Aric was pacing back and forth restlessly when Dane shouted in frustration, "Why weren't you picking up my calls? And why the hell you switched it off? I, Leslie, and Trivil were calling you like some bunch of insane. Every fan page of yours had uploaded that photo. I called Elliema too. I know it isn't my place to do that but I called her and she didn't pick up. Did she call you?"