Chapter 60 - A KISS IN RETURN

DO ME FAVOUR BY VOTING THIS CHAPTER :)) HAPPY READING :) 

THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE CHAPTERS!!

Let's revise the three golden rules, again. One, wake up before he does. Two, come late from the bookstore. And three, act normally and study intensely. Don't forget you have exams after one week, Shayla spoke to herself as she was waiting for Aric's driver to pick her up. She glanced at her wristwatch which showed time six in the evening.  

There was another rule, a master rule, according to Respina and suggested by Respina- The Great(self-proclaimed). Shayla clearly remembered what her great roommate said to her when she was packing her clothes. 'You know, babe, boys love to chase. They are programmed this way. No one can do anythin' 'bout it. So let him chase you. Try to act nonchalantly around him...like you don't give a damn about you guys sharing the same roof. It will irritate him and then he will make a big move. So remember my master rule- Let him crave for your presence and make Aric chase you.'

Although Shayla wasn't planning to abide by the master rule. Her only aim was to keep her head low at his house. She exhaled sharply and spoke to herself as she saw a shiny black car approaching her, "Let's do this."

And if you'll fall,

I am here to catch you,

You don't even have to call,

Coz I'll be always there by your side, yeah it's true.

"Rejoice, she's here," Oliandrin spoke in his usual low, deep voice which startled Aric and he quickly closed his laptop on which he was writing the song. Aric turned his chair around and spoke, "There is a thing called KNOCK. I was working-"

"I don't have to knock. I'm not a guest. And by the way, you should be kissing your elder brother's feet by now. I helped you."

"Help? What help? I don't know what you talkin' about bro," Aric spoke with his weak attempt to act oblivion.

Oliandrin shook his head dismissively with a frown as he spoke, "I think you didn't hear me. She's here---" 

Oliandrin didn't get to finish his sentence as Aric instantly rose to his feet as his face lit up after realizing that Shayla has arrived and he quickly dashed out of his room and to the downstairs, pushing Oliandrin aside, roughly, in the process.

A goofy smile appeared on his lips as his steps slowed down. She's here, she's here, he spoke enthusiastically in his head as his smile kept on growing while his steps kept slowing down. He held the banister tightly under his hand as he saw her in a green top and black jeans, talking to his parents.

He was goofily grinning, flashing all his teeth, and took slow steps, dreamily. He wasn't able to believe that he was acting like this. He had never acted like this before. Never. He was so lost in staring at the girl with black eyes, standing in front of her, that he almost forgot he is walking down the stairs and not flying in the air. His left leg slipped at the second last stair and he fell on his butt on the last stair with a loud thud.

"Oooowwwww..." Aric groaned in pain.

"Aric!" Shayla shouted worriedly as she hurried towards him.

"Son!" Mr. Jasial said.

"Stupid boy," Mrs. Peppila said.

Shayla bent down in front of Aric as she asked concernedly, "Are you alright-"