Chapter 24- FIND WHAT WE SEEK

Dane was on cloud nine when Aric told him about his conversation with Shayla. Well obviously it wasn't easy for Dane to make Aric spill the beans, he had to nag him like a maniac and had to irritate him to such a point where Aric finally gave in.   

Respina and Shayla were at the mess for the lunch break. Shayla was eating eggs while reading her case study and Respina was slurping her cold drink with a bored expression when she finally broke the silence, "I can't believe this. You are soo much studious. This site is making me gag."

"What site?" Shayla asked as she kept her eyes on her notebook.

"You, studying, while eating. I hate studies, to be honest. But my dad wants me to hold a degree, so here I am. Well, you know what? I am eagerly waiting for exams," Respina said with a grin.

"Huh?" Shayla looked up from her notebook to meet Respina's gaze as she spoke, "You are contradicting babe. You just said you hate studies. You know we have to study more when exams arrive, you know that right? Are you familiar with the concept of exams? No? Okay, I'll guide you. See, exams mean that you---"

"Shaylaaa!" Respina screeched as she threw her wallet at Shayla which Shayla caught mid-air and chuckled.

Respina rolled her eyes, "Very funny. What I meant was that the sooner exams will arrive, the better. I just want to get over with these exams because after that...." Respina looked at Shayla excitedly like a kid, waiting for her to complete her sentence.

"After that????" Shayla asked with a sheepish smile as she scratched the back of her head.

"Oh god! Studious! Because after that we'll have a break of one week. Oof Shayla. Don't you know anything about holidays? Are you familiar with the concept of holidays? No? Okay, I'll guide you. See-"

Shayla threw Respina's wallet back at her playfully as both of them laughed.

"Jokes apart, what was the challenge which Aric lost? I'm happy though, that he lost, now he is gonna take us to Nobren. It's a beautiful place, cold but beautiful," Respina spoke with a grin.

"Yeah, I know. Nobren is beautiful. I have never been there before. Well, I was wondering the same. What was the challenge?" Shayla spoke thoughtfully.

"Leave it. We'll ask Dane later. Tell me why Mikeg is here?" 

"I don't know. He just told Nat and Bee that he's here in Sourovitas and then asked about me."

"My intuition isn't that strong but I feel that Mikeg, being here in Sourovitas, isn't good news for you," Respina said with a grim expression.

Shayla inhaled and exhaled a shaky breath. She didn't want to accept the fact that her intuition was agreeing with Respina's.

Aric was at the bookstore with his father. The vintage wall clock showed the time eight p.m. Both father and son were packing up when the store doorbell chimed and Aric turned around and found a tall, muscled boy with black straight hair and light stubble, entering the store.

"Umm.. are you guys closing? I needed a book," the boy spoke

"Yeah we were son, come on in, there is no harm in attending to one last customer, eh?" Mr. Wiziann said brightly as he stood behind the cash counter. 

The boy smiled politely at Mr. Wiziann and then turned towards Aric, "Hey man, not gonna lie, I don't watch your videos often, but I like you."

Aric chuckled as he shook his hand, "No problem man. Thank you."

"Do you read? Could you suggest me a good book? For a girl? I want to gift a book to a girl. She is a crazy book lover."

 Aric opened his mouth to say that he doesn't have even the slightest idea about books when his father spoke up "Oh girls! Very complicated beings they are," Mr. Wiziann chuckled and continued, "It took me years to woo Aric's mother, know. She doesn't love reading and this trait is inherited by both sons of ours. Well, I love reading and she gifted me a book when we were dating. I think you should gift that book. Wait, let me fetch it for you - Where was it? - Umm...Ah! Found this little piece of art. Here take it."

Mr. Wiziann handed him the book as he spoke, "Trust me, this book is magic." The boy smiled at him as he took the book and paid Mr. Wiziann. "Let me give you change," Mr. Wiziann spoke.

"So.. girl?" Aric wiggled his eyebrows playfully, "You are trying to impress her, or is she your girlfriend? If you don't mind me asking."

The boy chuckled lightly as he spoke, "It's complicated, dude. In short, I messed up."

"We all boys tend to do that," Aric replied. 

"Yeah. She is amazing. I don't know why I broke up with her. I'm nuts. I'm trying to win her back now... And books are her weakness, so gonna start with books," the boy winked as he spoke.

"Hey, good luck. I hope your girl forgives you and you guys get back again," Aric said as he fisted him.

"I hope so, but the problem is I don't know where she is. She left her hometown. Pray for me that I find her sooner."

"You will," Aric said with an encouraging smile.

"Here is your change, son," Mr. Wiziann handed him the money.

"Well, it was nice meeting you, Aric."

"Nice meeting you too...umm?" Aric looked at him expectantly waiting for him to tell his name.

"Mikeg, Mikeg Ferstenn."

Mikeg. Mikeg left. 

Aric's eyes widened slightly as Shayla's voice resonated inside his head. Come on, not every Mikeg is that Mikeg, he thought as he shook Mikeg's hand smilingly.

"You fine? You kinda zoned out," Mikeg asked.

"Me. Oh, that's nothing. It's kinda strange you know. You are looking for your girl and I'm looking for a boy named Mikeg," Aric spoke as he gave him a small smile.

Mikeg chuckled, "I hope we both find what we are seeking."

"Yeah, I hope," Aric spoke absentmindedly.

*******************************************************************

WILD GUESSES!!! WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT???!

Sorry for the short chapter. Will make it up to guys in the next chapter. 

BUCKLE UP. NEXT CHAPTER IS CRAZZZYYYYYYY!!!

Until then xoxo