Chapter 5- HER ROOMMATE

It takes only a second to vote for the chapter. If you are reading this chapter then please do vote for it by pressing the star icon at the left bottom corner.

Enjoy reading :)   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was five 'o'clock in the evening when Shayla woke up from her deep slumber. She felt fresh and decided to go for a walk inside the campus and buy something to eat from the campus's grocery. She quickly wore jeans and a sleeveless white top.  

Shayla was never bothered by loneliness. She always enjoyed being alone and that was the core reason why she always preferred to make fewer friends. Till now she had only four friends- Nattie, Bianca, Vibriona, and Staenee. Vibriona was her friend from school and Staenee was a girl from a different country whom Shayla met online, they became good friends within a month but never got the opportunity to meet.

Shayla was licking her ice cream and carrying a polybag in her left hand as she ascended the stairs of her hostel. She reached her floor and was advancing towards her room when she stopped midway with her mouth hung open. 

"What in the hell!" She yelled in a whisper to herself as she found the door to her room wide open. For a minute or two, she stayed glued to her spot. She was frightened of who intruded in her room, but then it struck her that maybe her roommate had arrived. But still, a part inside her was afraid so she tiptoed towards her room and peeked inside cautiously. What she saw made her nerves calm down. She saw a girl with short red hair adjusting her luggage bag to the other side of the room in the corner. She was wearing an olive sleeveless top and black jean shorts.

Shayla cleared her throat to grab her roommate's attention but rather it startled her as she let out a yelp.

"Oh! You scared me. God!" The red-haired girl spoke.

"I am so sorry. I didn't mean to. I apologize," Shayla spoke hurriedly while scratching the back of her head with an apologetic smile. 

"No issue. So you are my roommate, I guess?" the red-haired girl spoke.

"Yes. I arrived today only, at noon," Shayla replied as she came inside and kept the polybag on her bed. "I was out for a walk and bought some snacks from the grocery," Shayla continued as she pointed her finger towards the white polybag, "There's loads of Doritos in it. You too can have some, you must be hungry. I am Shayla by the way, Shayla Paeker." Shayla moved some steps closer to her roommate and extended her hand.

The girl shook Shayla's hand smilingly, " Sure, I love Doritos. I am Respina Trinpit. My friends call me Res. You can call me Res, after all, we are going to live together now for the next two years. What's your nickname, Shayla?"

That question bought back memories of Nattie and Bianca. A soft smile appeared on Shayla's lips as she recalled how her friends used to call her Coco which she used to despise the most. But now she was dying to hear Nattie and Bianca call her Coco.

"Coco," she replied with a smile, "They used to call me Coco and there is a stupid theory behind it which I guarantee you don't want to listen to."

"Hey, I do want to listen. Come on pass me Doritos and tell me The Coco Theory."

Both of the girls sat on Respina's bed which was on the left side and Shayla told her about life at Baskville. They talked for a couple of hours and emptied three packets of Doritos which proved that they were famished.

Shayla came to know that Respina lived in Sourovitas but her home was two hours away from the university, and she wanted to live a hostel life so she chose to stay at the hostel. She was pursuing graphic designing.