𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘭𝘺 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭𝘺

THE BUS RIDE HOME FELT LIKE AN ETERNITY

THE BUS RIDE HOME FELT LIKE AN ETERNITY. We finally arrived to Rosewood and Ali almost didn't get off the bus. We stopped her from staying on and going to whatever the next stop was.

"Stop. You don't need to run anymore. A is gone. Come on." Emily assured her. With that, Ali got off and we went straight to the police station.

We walked in and Ali had tears in her eyes. Holbrook saw us immediately and greeted us.

"Are you detective Holbrook?" Ali asked.

"I am."

"I think you've been looking for me. I'm Ali-" Ali started but he cut her off.

"I know who you are. I'm glad you're with your friends. Welcome home. I'm guessing you have a lot to tell me. Maybe we can begin with the night that you disappeared." He told her softly.

Nothing could've prepared me for what she said next.

"I didn't disappear. I was kidnapped. I was kidnapped and held hostage for two years. And if it weren't for my friends, I wouldn't be standing here. They saved my life." Alison cried.

I'm sorry, did I miss the conversation of us deciding this was the story we would tell the police? On the outside, I acted unfazed but on the inside, I am screaming. This is yet another lie we have to convince everyone of. I'm not telling this lie to Jason.

The girls and I exchanged a quick look and went back to business. I cant believe she just did that.

We moved to a separate room and he asked many questions. A made sure to supply the photo of us seeing Alison for the first time in two years so that caused for some questions. He presented the photo to Ali.

"We don't know who took this photo, but it is dated. So i'm assuming this wasn't your first visit home. Do you have any memory of this night?" He asked. I was biting my tongue so hard it had to have been bleeding.

"It was the night that I got away from him."

"From your captor. How?"

"I jumped. Out of the car." She said quickly. Come on, Ali.

"While you were blindfolded?"

"Yeah, I tore it off then I ran straight into the woods so he couldn't catch me."

"But on the night of this photo, you managed to make it back to Rosewood...and you found your friends."

"I asked them to hide me." Jesus christ.

"You thought that they'd be more helpful than the police? Your parents?"

"I was scared, o-okay? I was scared that if I came back home and I was out in the open that he'd find me again."