𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯

WE'RE SITTING WITH HANNA BY SPENCER'S WARM FIREPLACE

WE'RE SITTING WITH HANNA BY SPENCER'S WARM FIREPLACE. Aria found a way to sneak over here. I feel absolutely horrible about what happened tonight. Hanna and Lucas were so close. I can't begin to imagine how she must feel right now.

"Here's your bag. I think Caleb called. Your phone was making noise." Emily as she handed it to her.

"Han, now I know that you might not be ready to talk about this, but the sheriff said that they're gonna drag the lake first thing in the morning." Spencer explained. Lucas is still out there somewhere.

"Lucas isn't in the lake." Hanna replied with no emotion.

"He didn't come up to shore. We waited." I replied, rubbing her back. I know she cared about him a lot. He was a good friend.

"He knows how to swim, alright? He's out there somewhere. I can feel it." Hanna said, beginning to get defensive. I get why.

"I still can't believe that Lucas would help A." Aria let out. I can.

"Why not? Jenna did the same thing with Caleb." I replied.

"A knows Lucas is close to Hanna." Emily added.

"No no, I get it. I just don't really see Lucas as being that violent." Aria defended. I get that. I don't see a lot of people being this violent but I've been surprised lately. We've all had to stay on our toes. More so than usual.

"He can be." Hanna whispered. "Lucas was the one who destroyed Alison's memorial. I found out the night I got out of the hospital."

Wait, what?

"Why didn't you tell us?" Spencer exclaimed. How come we didn't know this?

"Told me to keep a secret." Hanna shrugged like it was no big deal.

"Why?" I asked.

"To protect him. He's been through a lot. Alison really tortured him."

"Maybe it's time to start protecting you." Spencer replied. Hanna has looked out for everyone but herself.

"I have a headache." Hanna said and took some pills. She pulled her water bottle out of her bag that was filled with murky water. 

"Hanna don't drink that!" I yelled but it was too late.

"That's lake water." Aria warned.

"Too late." She muttered and coughed. 

"How did that get in there?" Aria asked. I have an idea.

"The bag was outside in the car." Emily replied.

"All of us were in here." I replied.

"Yeah, Lucas wasn't. Maybe he just wants to finish what he started." Spencer said. Suddenly, Hanna's phone rang.