𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦

EZRA LEFT TO GO FIND MALCOM

EZRA LEFT TO GO FIND MALCOM. Aria hasn't heard much from him since.

"Nothing?" Hanna asked her. We were all sitting in The Brew together.

"Nothing since he left...well, he sent an 'I got here' text." Aria replied.

"Well that counts if you want it to." Hanna said, trying to help her feel better.

"I mean, I know he's doing the right thing. It's just the idea that something's happening hundreds of miles away that's gonna change everything." Aria told us. This whole Ezra having a kid thing is really confusing for Aria. I can't blame her. He didn't even know about him.

Spencer just sat on the chair and stared at us. She's numb. Cold. She isn't herself at all. She's pale, her eyes are swollen and her hair is almost matted. "This is cold. I'm gonna go get a refill." She said about her coffee and stood up.

Aria, Emily and Hanna talked about the notebook while I got a call from Jason.

"Hey, are you and your friends still at The Brew?" He asked me through the phone.

"Yeah, why?"

"I'm stopping in. See you in a sec." He said and hung up. I'm assuming this is about Ali's second burial.

He walked in shortly after the call and I stood up to greet him. He gave me a quick kiss on the head and turned to the girls. I stood next to him and Spencer came over to his other side. He gave a quick nod to her.

"I've got some news. We're keeping things quiet, but they've released Ali's remains to my family. There's gonna be a re-internment." Jason explained.

"She's being buried again?" Emily asked.

"Not in the ground. In the Mausoleum. They'll be a service. Family only, but I've arranged for you guys to have some time after my parents leave." Jason told us. That was sweet of him.

"Thank you." Hanna said.

"There's something else." Jason then said. "The things we put in the casket with Ali, they're still missing. The state police think whoever opened the grave is keeping them as some kind of sick souvenirs. The cops figure when they find those, they'll find the creeps who did this. I hope they're right." He paused and looked at me. He is referring to A. "Look, I just wanted you guys to hear it from me. I'll text or I'll have Bella let you know about the details about saying goodbye to Ali." He concluded. This can't be easy for him.

"Don't bother. I've said all the goodbyes I want to say." Spencer snarled. Is she kidding me?

"Spencer." Emily tried to say.

"What? She's Saint Ali now? Are her bones holy relics or something?" She spat. My eyes were wide. I looked to Jason and he just shook his head.

"Okay, you need to dial it back." Hanna tried to reason but she wasn't having it.