𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘭𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘯

THE TRIAL IS STARTING

THE TRIAL IS STARTING. Spencer is home, thank god. We were at her house right now.

"You see, if my head hadn't been so jet-laggy I would've noticed it sooner. The number off the Varjak receipt is the same number in the personal ads in Ali's house." Spencer explained.

"How does this help Hanna?" Emily asked.

"Well, if Ali's not guilty, then they can't charge Hanna as an accessory. You can't help someone commit a crime that they didn't commit." I backed her up.

"But Ali already told us that the letter and the passports are fake. Why do we think the number and the ads are real?" Aria asked.

"I don't know. But we didn't find the number with the other things." Spencer replied.

"So what if the numbers are the same. What does that mean? We call it, it just rings, no pick up, no voicemail, nothing." Emily asked.

"Yeah, meanwhile, Neilans law office is closed and locked." Aria huffed.

"But the number appearing twice...It's got to mean something, we just have to figure it out." I let out.

"What if we don't figure it out in time?" Emily asked. Our conversation was cut short when Veronica came down the stairs. Spencer quickly picked up the newspaper ads.

"The four of you are gonna be late for school." Veronica said.

"Uh, no, Mom, teacher's conference. They dropped the first two periods. I told you." Spencer replied.

"Oh, then, uh this is my chance to talk to all of you. I want to strongly suggest that you girls stay away from Alison's trial." She let out. We all shared a look. I can't do that.

"This is a suggestion?" Spencer asked.

"For Bella, Emily, and Aria, yes. For you, it's more than a suggestion."

"What is Ali gonna think if we're not there?" Emily asked.

"I'm more concerned about what other people will think. Juries have eyes." Veronica replied.

"The whole town knows that we're friends with her." I added.

"Yeah, if we don't go it'll be like we think she's guilty." Aria continued.

"I can't tell you three what to do, but consider your actions."

"Okay, so what are we gonna do when Hanna goes to trail? Are we just supposed to turn our backs on her too?" Spencer asked.

"We're not talking about ethics." Veronica replied.

"That's for sure." Spencer clapped back. Whew.

"Maybe we should go." I whispered to the girls.

"Yeah." Emily said and we all stood up and walked out.