𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘰𝘵

IT ALL BEGAN IN ROSEWOOD

IT ALL BEGAN IN ROSEWOOD. It always leads back to Rosewood. Dusk had settled and the girls and I were in Spencer's barn.

~

ROSEWOOD, PENNSYLVANIA: 1 YEAR AGO

"Belle, you okay?" Aria asked.

Tonight has been a disaster already. I just sighed and looked at her.

"Yeah I'm fine." I shrugged.

Truth is, I was not fine. Ali's brother Jason, my boyfriend, was so gone he couldn't think straight. He has a problem. He's drunk or high or drunk and high more often than not. He can't form a single coherent thought when he's like this. I've been trying to talk to him for weeks about this but he won't listen. He physically can't at this rate. He doesn't believe this is a problem.

~

FLASHBACK: 30 MINUTES PRIOR

"Jason?" I asked as I walked into his room. As soon as I stepped foot inside, I zeroed in to the Jack Daniel's bottle sitting on his nightstand. My face faltered immediately.

My eyes scanned the room to see the mess that's consumed his everyday life. Various beer bottles, food wrappers, and dirty laundry covered the floor. Jason's room is never like this. Normally he's a neat-freak. This in itself is concerning.

Then, my eyes found him. The very familiar red solo
cup in his hands, sloshing around whatever liquid is in it mixed with his disheveled hair told me exactly what I thought I knew. He's drunk again.

"Bella! My beautiful girlfriend! I missed you!" He slurred as he made his way over to me. I saw him just hours ago and he was sober. When he finally made it to me, after tripped over the mess on his floor, he placed a sloppy kiss on my lips, which I didn't reciprocate.

As soon as the stench of alcohol reached my nose, I used my hand to push him away from me. "Jason, you reek." I replied.

"Oh, don't be such a hardass. You're more than welcome to join us." He replied with a grin.

Us..... He's hanging out with Ian and his band of weirdos.

Ian Thomas has been nothing but a psycho creep to me. He is currently dating Melissa which is subject to change knowing him, but he is more invested in mine and Jason's relationship than anything. He's the only person who knows about Jason and I and he is always threatening to expose us.

"Hard pass. I'm hanging out with the girls tonight."Was all I replied. When he's like this, he's the last person I want to be around.

"You always hang out with them. I just wanna have a little fun with you." He said, closing the already small gap between us. I don't like where this is going.