𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘢 𝘨𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘴 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬𝘭𝘺

THREE MONTHS LATER, WE HAD A FUNERAL FOR MONA WITH AN EMPTY CASKET

THREE MONTHS LATER, WE HAD A FUNERAL FOR MONA WITH AN EMPTY CASKET. It was heartbreaking.

The girls and I walked out of the church and saw the men carrying out the casket.

"They know that's empty, right?" Emily asked.

"It's a casket, Em. It still weighs a ton." I replied.

"Mona's mom put keepsakes in it. Stuffed animals, photo albums, her old retainer." Hanna explained.

"It's called a cenotaph. They have them for soldiers whose bodies are never found." Spencer told us all.

"Never say never, Spence." Hanna replied. She's still pretty torn up about this. I kinda am too.

"It's been over three months, Han. No body, no murder weapon-" Emily started.

"And no arrest." Aria finished.

"Well, present company excluded. Let's not forget I'm still an alleged murderer." Spencer let out. At least she's with us now.

"Hey, don't lose faith, okay? That letter Bethany sent Ali could still make a difference." Toby said to Spencer. He had just joined us after the ceremony. I'm really sick of going to funerals.

"No, not if Holbrook has anything to say about it. We should have told Tanner about him and Ali months ago." Spencer spat back.

"Tanner won't believe it coming from you or anyone else. She's gonna have to figure it out on her own." Toby explained. Toby is now on the police force. I'm still deciding if it's a good or a bad thing. I just don't want to grow to despise him like I despise the rest of Rosewood PD.

Toby then left to get the car and left the girls and I alone.

The last person I thought would show up, came.

Alison.

"What the hell is she doing here?" I exclaimed. Right now, she's the only relevant suspect on our minds. She had all the motives. Even Jason is believing it. His own sister.

"Showing up to your victims funeral? Classy." Spencer muttered. I'm genuinely surprised she came.

"You guys, we have to get her out of here." Hanna said as we started moving over to her but it was too late. She approached Mona's mom. Bad bad bad idea.

Mrs. Vanderwaal wasn't having it. She slapped Ali and screamed at her. Hanna went over to her and we just stared at Ali. What was she thinking?

***

Jason and I met up in my house. We've been hanging here or in Philly. We've been avoiding Alison at all costs.

I told him about the stunt Ali pulled at the funeral. He was as stunned as the rest of us.