𝘮𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳

A HIT HANNA LIKE IT WAS NOTHING

A HIT HANNA LIKE IT WAS NOTHING. We all watched with tears in our eyes as Hanna was being loaded into the ambulance. How did this happen?

"We have to get to the hospital. Are you guys okay to drive?" Spencer asked us as the ambulance took off.

I sighed. "Yeah, I guess so."

We piled into my car and headed for the hospital. We got there and made the phone calls that we needed to. Aria called Byron and I called Ella. The rest of the girls called their parents to tell them.

Hanna's mom is here and with the doctor. I just hope Hanna's okay.

After what felt like forever, Hanna's mom came over to us.

"Is she okay, Mrs. Marin?" Aria asked right away.

She sighed. "She is going to be alright. She, um...she has a broken leg and a broken ankle, bruised ribs, and uh, they might have to remove her spleen and..." She trailed off. She's a wreck. She took a deep breath. "What happened?"

What lie are we using this time?

"Hanna was coming across the parking lot and this car just came out of nowhere." Aria let out.

"Well, the police found the car. They said it was stolen from a campground lot." Ashley told us. Makes sense.

"Did they catch the driver?" Emily asked.

"No, not yet." She replied. Well, they won't. It's A. A stays hidden.

"Well, the cops should be looking for Toby Cavanaugh." Spencer muttered.

"It's wasn't Toby Cavanaugh. The police picked him up last night." Ashley revealed. Oh, shit.

"What?" Emily asked worriedly.

"One of the officers told me they found him hiding in town and they were bringing him into the station when they got the call about Hanna." She told us. We were silent. What does that mean now? "You girls should go home. I will call you when Hanna can have visitors."

I want sleep but I don't think I'll get it.

"Just let Hanna know that we were here." I told her.

"I will when she wakes up." Ashley nodded and walked off.

When she was gone, Emily looked at us. "Toby isn't A."

"Well, Hanna knows who is. That's why A tried to kill her." Spencer replied.

"You think they're just trying to scare us?" Emily asked.

"Well, it worked." Aria huffed.

I shook my head. "This was never about scaring us. That was just a bonus. This started with murder. We were crazy to think that it wouldn't end up like this."

"So should we tell the cops?" Emily asked. What good will that do us?

"Tell them what?" Aria whisper-yelled.