𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘢 𝘮𝘰𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭

"WHOSE IDEA WAS THIS AGAIN?" Hanna asked as we trudged through the woods

"Emily's mom." I replied.

Emily and her mom suggested we do something for us and Alison to help us cope. Believe it or not, I'm coping just fine.

"The shed was me. My mom just said we should do something for us." Emily added. It's just hard to move on when everyone is shoving Alison's death in our face every chance they get.

"Well, couldn't we do something without mosquitos?" Hanna muttered.

"They're not mosquitos, they're gnats." Aria replied matter of factly.

"Whatever. They're small, they're annoying and they're flying up my nose."

"Well, they're attracted to your perfume." Spencer replied.

"And your hair product, and your lipgloss." I added.

"So, what are you saying? I attract flies?" Hanna asked.

"Gnats." Aria corrected.

"Why do I feel like this is the wrong way?" Emily exclaimed, ignoring the rest of us bickering.

"No. This is it. I remember that tree. It's the halfway point. There's 136 steps left to the shed." Spencer told us. I love Spencer and her brain.

"Have you been out here since Alison?" Aria asked suspiciously.

"Me? No! No way." Spencer defended.

"But you remember that tree?" Aria asked.

"You guys, it's not that weird. I mean, we came out here in 8th grade like everyday. Even after." Hanna defended.

"I think this is totally the wrong place to do this, whatever you call it....shrine." Spencer huffed.

"It's not a shrine. It's just a place to remember Alison. What's wrong with that?" Emily responded.

"Doing it way out here makes it look like we have something to hide." I replied.

"You're worried about what other people think?"

"Well, aren't you? Do you really wanna give that creepy detective more reasons to question us?" I pressed. I have never cared what others think until now.

Hanna started walking away and we followed her.

"Hanna, why are you so quiet?" Em asked.

"I'm trying to keep the bugs in my nose and out of my mouth."

"You're allowed to have an opinion on this."

"You want my opinion? I say we hold off and not remember her till we know for sure she's not still here." She replied and shrugged her shoulders. How could she still be here? We had a funeral for her.