𝘰𝘩, 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘭𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘦

WE ARE ALL ON HIGH ALERT SINCE THE COPS FOUND THE BARREL

WE ARE ALL ON HIGH ALERT SINCE THE COPS FOUND THE BARREL. The girls and I, all except Hanna, were talking outside The Brew. We thought Toby being an officer would help us.

"Can Toby tell you if it was human remains in that drum?" Emily asked.

"They don't know. But even if he did, he probably wouldn't tell me." Spencer deflected. She was avoiding eye contact with all of us. I'm assuming some trouble in paradise.

"Are you guys okay?" Aria asked.

"We are some distance removed from okay."

"I'm sorry." I muttered.

"I know why he joined the police force. I encouraged him. He's the most honorable person I know. But now it's like this is tearing him apart. I'm tearing him apart." Spencer let out. Poor girl.

Across the street was Spencer's mom talking to lawyers.

"Is that your mom?" Aria asked.

"Yeah, that's her." 

"Lawyers working on a Saturday. That's serious." I spoke.

"My mom says you get more with a smile than with a subpoena." Spencer said sarcastically.

"What is she trying to get from them?" Aria asked.

"Those two are Ali's defense team. My mom is a paid strategical consultant." Spencer revealed. That's a partnership I never thought I'd see.

"Your mom's helping Ali's defense?" Emily asked, bewildered.

"No, not helping. Just consulting. She'll get more out of them than they will out of her." Spencer explained. Smart.

"But why is she doing it at all?" Aria asked.

"Because she wants to know what they know."

"Such as?" Aria pressed.

I was silent for a moment. "Such as who gets called to testify."

I'm so worried Jason will.

We then saw one of the lawyers hand her a large folder.

On the other side of the street we saw Hanna walking. I'm not sure why she didn't meet up with us. She usually does. I know Spencer mentioned her and Hanna got into some argument. I don't know. Spencer faced us and said "Wish me luck." Before heading over to Hanna.

It had to have gone relatively well because she joined us all.

Our shit got rocked when Holbrook stepped out of his douche-mobile. I audibly gasped. I didn't think he'd show his face until at least after the trial.

"So much for family emergencies and special assignments." I muttered.

"What is he doing here after all this time?" Hanna asked.