𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘮

IF YOU HAVE EVER BEEN IN HIGH SCHOOL, YOU KNOW THE SAT'S ARE THE WORST THING A STUDENT HAS TO GO THROUGH

IF YOU HAVE EVER BEEN IN HIGH SCHOOL, YOU KNOW THE SAT'S ARE THE WORST THING A STUDENT HAS TO GO THROUGH. The studying, the high expectations, it's just a recipe for disaster.

Hanna, Aria and I are at Spencer's studying vocab for the SAT's, that just happen to be tomorrow. Emily is supposed to be here, but she's not. We have no clue where she is.

"It's insane. How many words do they expect you to learn in one night?" Hanna huffed.

"Stringent." Aria said and looked to me for the answer.

"Uh, tough. Inflexible."

"It's not like you're gonna actually use them." Hanna muttered.

"Meretricious." Aria said for Spencer to define this time.

Hanna was still going. "It's not like you go to college and then you start speaking a completely different language."

"It's about getting into college." Spencer explained and then went on to answer Aria. "Meretricious, um, phony, flashy?"

Aria nodded. I can think of a few people that fall under that category.

"Besotted." Aria continued.

I answered this one. "Infatuated, enamored, in love with."

"Speaking of, have you heard anymore from Jason?" Spencer asked. What a segway.

"Nope."

"Have you talked to Wren yet?" Aria asked.

About that...

"Also no."

They didn't press it any farther. I do feel bad but to be fair, Wren hasn't really been in much contact with me either. Maybe it was me who was bad.

"Hey, what did Noel Kahn say to you after the memorial?" Hanna asked Aria. Noel Kahn? That's a new one.

"Can we focus, please?" I huffed. "We take the SAT's in less than 12 hours."

"Bella, you do not need to know anymore big words. You're already scary to anyone under 50." Hanna replied. What?

"I'm 5'2. I'm not scary." I rolled my eyes. When no one said anything, my face turned up. "Am I scary?"

Aria looked at me and nodded. "A little."

I rolled my eyes. I'm not scary.

"Hey, I saw Noel Kahn hug you, and he did not want to let go." Hanna continued to Aria.

"Talk about not wanting to let something go." Aria muttered.

"Why can't you give him a chance? He's smart, he's cute. His dad owns like, half of Rhode Island and he's got great lips." Hanna rambled. Since when is she Noel's wing-woman?

"His father?" Spencer questioned.

"No. Ew. Seriously, Aria, you and Noel would look amazing together." Hanna said to her.