𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦

JASON AND ALISON ARE HOME

JASON AND ALISON ARE HOME. It was nice to wake up next to Jason again. I always miss it. Even if I barely slept. I don't think any of us have been sleeping well lately.

Jason and I were laying in bed when I heard, "Bella!" Come from downstairs. It was Ali.

I ran down to see why the hell she was yelling and it was because the game board was moved into the room Emily and her have been sleeping in. It was on the bed.

"Did you put this here?" Emily asked me.

"What? No!"

"Didn't think so."

We walked over to the board cautiously to see a new puzzle piece on it. No one put that there.

"How is that there?" Emily asked.

There's only one explantation.

"Someone has been in here. Might still be in here." I whispered.

Before either of us could react, we heard police sirens and a hard knock at the front door.

It was Jason's turn to come running down the stairs. "What the hell is going on?"

I ran to the front door and shrugged at the same time. The last thing I was expecting this morning was the police storming into the house with a search warrant. They were looking at everything. I don't understand what the hell is going on.

Jason was arguing with Barry. He wasn't making any headway.

Emily got a call from Hanna and I got a call from Spencer. The police were at everyone's house. They checked every room and then took our phones. They weren't nice about it, either.

Somehow the stupid game board was gone before the cops could find it. Convenient.

We've done the best job we could at covering our tracks. No digital trail. The only paper trail we had was the receipt and that's gone now. We've left no physical evidence behind.

I just hope we did enough.

***

Because Ashley Marin is so kind, she gave the girls and I a room to hang out in and talk. A place where the police won't be listening.

"Did your mom find you?" Caleb asked as Hanna walked in the room.

"If I climbed through a window, she still would have found me." Hanna muttered.

"Hey, be nice. She gave us a room to hang out in until we can go back to our houses." Emily told her.

Hanna sighed. "Yeah, I know. I never thought I'd feel bad about getting a free suite. The world's upside down."

"Speaking of which.." Spencer said and pulled burner phones out of her bag. "I got us all these until we can get our real phones back."

"This makes me really want to go to jail." Hanna muttered as she flipped her phone up.