𝘥𝘳𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘻𝘺

IT HAS BEEN A ROTTEN FEW DAYS

IT HAS BEEN A ROTTEN FEW DAYS. Tiring, draining, aggravating.

Alison and Jason actually decided to take a trip to New York. He had to go and she wanted a break from Rosewood. Can't say I blame her. I'm glad they're both leaving for some brother and sister bonding time. It's been a while since they had that.

Spencer is going to be moving out of her house. Her parents are selling it. Emily and I were over helping her pack.

"This had to happen today?" Emily questioned. The timing of this house moving is so unfortunate. I feel awful for Spencer. So much has happened to her recently.

"Yeah, my mom hired a realtor who thinks that having a paper clip is too much clutter." Spencer muttered and then turned to me. "Why did Ali and Jason go to New York now?"

I shrugged. "Ali needed the break and Jason had to go back to New York for a few days. I'm glad they're gone for a little bit."

"Alright, you know it's gonna get a lot worse before it gets better." Spencer spoke. She's talking about the pregnancy itself. I haven't had a smooth time but Alison's has been way worse.

"The books say all the nausea lets up in the second trimester-" Emily started but Spencer cut her off.

"I'm not talking about barfing, Emily. I'm talking about Furey. He's hell bent on being super cop. He's trying to solve every single cold case on the Rosewood Police blotter." Spencer rambled but stopped herself when her father came down the stairs.

"Hey, Emily! Bella!" He greeted. Just the grandfather to my child.

"Hi." I smiled.

"Uh, what's our system here?" He asked Spencer and gestured to the boxes.

"Harrisburg Dumpster." Spencer replied.

"You guys need to have a giant yard sale." Emily muttered.

"Oh, no no no. When we leave here, we're not leaving any bits of us behind. We're gone. Hope you come visit." He paused and looked to me. "I can't wait to meet that little one." He smiled and pointed to my stomach.

He wants nothing to do with Jason until it comes to his child being born. You know, Jason and I don't mind if it means a big check coming in the mail.

Peter left and Spencer pulled something out of a box. It was a blanket. Her face fell.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Property of Radley Sanitarium. I think this must be what they brought me home in." She let out.

"Was that in the dumpster pile?" Emily asked curiously.

"Yeah." Spencer strained. Poor girl.

"Maybe you should keep it." Emily suggested.

Before she could reply, our phones rang. It was Hanna.

Hanna
Need to play that game. Now!

We went over to Ali and Jason's where the board still was. She was freaking out because Furey came to her door to question her about the flooding in the Radley Basement that Caleb facilitated. Apparently, there's another piece of evidence.

"Hanna, stop." I tried to tell her.

"What other evidence? What is Furey talking about? Did A.D. send him a nose?" Hanna exclaimed, pacing around.

"Hanna, breathe." Emily let out.

"No, you breathe. We have to play the game until the end or that body is gonna end up in somebody else's hands piece by piece, and it's not gonna be ours. I'm taking another turn." Hanna rambled. She's going to go off the deep end.

"Okay, it doesn't work like that. You have to be chosen." Spencer spoke.

Hanna turned to Aria. "Why haven't you had a turn?"

She's right. All of us have had our turns except her.

"I don't know. I'm not in control of this game." Aria replied defensively.

Mona walking in the room. "Sorry I'm late. What did I miss?"

"An invitation." Spencer spoke. She was confused. I forgot they didn't know about Mona.

"Mona knows about the game." Hanna replied.

"Why?" Emily asked.

"Because we need her help, Emily. She's brilliant. She knows the answer before I even ask the question." Hanna replied. I nodded. As indifferent as I am about her, she is someone you want on your team.

"Well, the question is, why you waited so long to ask and for that I have no answer." Mona shrugged.

"Okay, Mona, this isn't a real pursuit. There's a missing body and-" Emily tried but Mona cut her off.

"Stop focusing so much on the dead body and put your attention on the live one."

"Wait, you think you know who A.D. is?" Aria asked.

"I have a short list, starting with Jenna Marshall and ending in Mary Drake." Mona told us.

"Okay, you know what, we don't need your theories. And there's no piece on that board that looks like you." Spencer argued.

"I guess you're forgetting who replaced the shattered windshield once you peeled Dunhill off of it. Which makes me an accessory to your crime. And if you think I'm gonna leave my fate in your fumbling hands, you've been smoking the drapes." Mona let out.

There was silence. No one dared to speak. They knew she was right.

***

Later that night, Emily was on the phone with Alison and I was on the phone with Jason.

"How's the trip been?"

"Good. I miss you. I remember why Ali and I don't take trips very often."

I chuckled. "Cut her some slack. She's pregnant."

"I know. I know. How's everything there?"

"Weird. We're just waiting for something big to happen. Mona is currently inspecting the game board."

"Mona?"

"Yes. She's smart and she may be the one to crack this."

"I don't like you alone in that house with her."

"This isn't high school, Jason. Besides, I have Emily. Mona isn't going to try anything. She's as wrapped into this as we all are."

"Okay, love. Ali and I are gonna get dinner. I love you."

"I love you, too." I replied and hung up. After that, I went down stairs to see Emily and Mona in the starting blocks of an argument. Apparently, Mona found out the doctor who did the procedure on Ali. Her and Emily are going to an appointment at 11 as a couple. I can't wait to hear about that one.

Soon enough, it was time to go to sleep and try to forget every annoying thing that's happened to me since the 10th grade.

***

Well, Mona and Emily were successful in finding out who it was and confronted him. Furey cornered Spencer the other night as well. He's on the incline to being Wilden 2.0. He's getting too personal.

I hate that I'm feeling hopeful. Maybe it's the pregnancy talking but I feel like we have a handle on this for once.