𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘪𝘳𝘤𝘭𝘦 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘯? / 𝘪'𝘮 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘱𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘵

WE HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM

We can't find Spencer anywhere. We've called and texted multiple times but nothing.

"I was hoping she'd be here, but she isn't." Emily huffed when we met up at school.

"Do you think Spencer just didn't get our S.O.S.?" Aria asked. Even with everything going on, she'd always come if something was wrong. There's something else going on.

"Maybe but she must have gotten one of the other twelve messages we sent." I replied.

"Okay, you guys, she has ditched school before. Alright, it's not a big deal." Hanna told us. I wasn't feeling better. I know Spencer probably the most out of them and I know this isn't normal behavior for her.

"Yeah, you're right, I guess." Aria replied with a sigh.

"We just need to get through today. If she doesn't call or show up, we'll go to her house after school." Emily said and we nodded. The bell rang and we were off to class.

We were about to go inside when Mr. Hackett and Melissa stopped us.

"Good, girls! You're all together. I think you know Spencer's sister, Melissa." He said to us. What the hell?

"Have you seen Spencer? Have you talked to her?" She asked us.

"Not today." Emily replied.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"Spencer didn't come home last night. She's not answering her phone. I was hoping she was here with you. Which is why I came here first before I went to the police." Melissa told us. She sounded worried. So if Spencer didn't come home, something is really wrong.

"Police?" Hanna asked.

"I understand Spencer's been a little distracted lately. Was there something on her mind that she shared with you? Anything about her plans?" Hackett asked us. I feel like he's too invasive with us.

"No Mr. Hackett, she hasn't said anything to us." Emily replied.

"You're her friends. She must have said something." Melissa interjected. The anger this woman makes me feel.

"No actually, she's shut us out." I replied.

"You can uh, call the police from my office. Let me know if you hear from Spencer." Mr. Hackett said to us before him and Melissa took off.

***

Emily, Hanna and Aria went to talk about our next line of action while I called Jason to fill him in. He's her brother, he deserves to know.

I called and he answered almost immediately.

"Hey." I let out a breath.

"Hey, what's up?"