𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘢 𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘭

THINGS HERE ARE INTENSE

THINGS HERE ARE INTENSE. At the moment, no one can find Holbrook. And a new piece of evidence has emerged. A bloody knife. Spencer was telling us all about how Caleb found it.

"Wait. So the knife you and Caleb found was covered in blood?" Emily asked.

"What, Mona's blood?" I asked.

"Yeah, and any of our prints could have been on it." Spencer whispered. Great.

"Thank god you got rid of it." Hanna let out.

"Do we think Holbrook planted it?" Emily asked. I wouldn't be surprised.

"Well, you vouched for him. You still think he's a good guy?" I asked Hanna sarcastically.

"I'm not so sure anymore. I bailed on my college visits to go track down Holbrook's dad. And the whole family emergency thing is a lie. I mean, Holbrook could still be around. He could have planted it." Hanna revealed. Well, this is news to me.

"You should have called us last night, Hanna. As soon as you got home." Spencer exclaimed.

"Well, it was late." Hanna replied.

"Wait a second. So if Alison's A and Holbrook's on her side, they could pin Mona's murder on us, couldn't they?" Aria asked. I don't even want to think about that. We were all silent. No one wanted to face that. I can already see it happening. I can already see us going to jail for this.

"I don't know. I have to get home." Spencer sighed and started to move.

In other news, Ezra took over The Brew. Not sure how I feel about him being around more.

***

I was minding my business when a random text came through. It came to all of the girls.

UNKNOWN
From: Mona Vanderwaal
Activated 10:48 am
40.079016: - 74.931168.

What the hell is this?

I called Spencer and Hanna and they got it too. We all got it. Hanna, Spencer and I went over to Caleb's apartment to see if he can figure it out.

"Alright, so obviously ghosts don't have fingers. So how was Mona sending us texts?" Hanna asked.

"Not a text. An alert sent automatically by a security company." I replied. It made more sense than a text but I still don't understand why we got it.

"Mona put some kind of LoJack on her laptop before she died. Someone must have gotten through the encryption, set off an alarm." Caleb explained.

"Yeah, there were a bunch of numbers." Hanna added, still confused.

"GPS coordinates. Probably the location where the laptop was used. Looks like it's a storage place off the turnpike." Spencer explained looking at Caleb's monitor.

"It's still there. I logged into the security company's website." Caleb said. On the screen there was a blinking red dot signifying the location of the laptop.

"So that blinky thing, that's where Ali hid Mona's laptop?" Hanna asked.

"Could Mona have set this up to alert the police?" I asked.

"It's an option, but she didn't. She sent it to the five of you. And usually, Mona's security is incredibly tight, but it's almost like she purposely made it easy for me to log in." Caleb told us. That's not too settling to me.

"So we could get her laptop back if Ali took it?" Hanna asked.

"Or so we could track down whoever took the laptop without them knowing that we were coming." Spencer finished. Mona really is a genius.

"Do you guys think this is where Holbrook is hiding?" Caleb asked.

"Probably. I have to go to lunch with Jason. Let me know if anything changes, yeah?" I asked and moved to the door.

"We will!" Hanna said before I left.

***

I got to the Applerose Grille and saw Jason approaching. When he saw me in the view he smiled and walked right to me. I kissed him and we went inside.

"How are you?" I asked when we sat down.

"Hanging in there, I guess. How are you?"

"Well, the girls and I got a security alert from Mona's laptop. Caleb, Spencer, Hanna and I were trying to figure that out." I huffed. "How's the case going? How's your dad been?"

"You know my dad will do anything to protect her. That's all he knows how to do. Even if it means undermining me. He'll do the same thing on the witness stand even if he knows what she's capable of." Jason explained and I rolled my eyes. This has just been one huge mess from the beginning for him. He never signed up for this.

"You and I both know what she's capable of." I sighed.

"Yeah, a lot. I've seen her do things. I've seen her talk people into things. I mean, the way you girls used to follow her around-" Jason started.

"Used to. Not my finest moment." I let out a soft chuckle.

Silence filled the table.

"I-I have to tell you something." He said carefully and I just looked at him. "The police have a theory. They think she had help."

"With Mona?" I asked. I don't like where this is going.

"After. Putting Mona's body in the trunk of her car, hiding it or dumping it."

"Yeah, we've been thinking the same thing. I know Holbrook is responsible for helping her. I mean, there's no way she passed that lie detector test with flying colors. She was lying through her teeth the entire time." I paused. "Jason, you know as well as I do, they're gonna try and pin this on me and my friends."

"Let's not think about that."

"We have to. They're close. And if A has anything to do with it, my ass is gonna be sitting in prison, getting my soap on a rope." I muttered and looked down.

"Hey hey." He sighed and held my hand. "We won't let that happen, okay?"

"How do you know that? All the cops have wanted to do is throw us in a cell."

"Bella, that won't happen. I'll take the stand if I have to."

"Jason, no. If you go up on that stand, you don't lie. You tell the truth. You have to promise me that."

"But you didn't do anything."

"I know! But they can twist things I have done and make it look like I'm responsible. Please don't go on that stand unless you have too and please don't do anything to protect me."

"Bella-"

"Jason, I mean it. If A wants us in jail, we will be in jail. She is not afraid to take down anyone who stands in her way and I refuse to let her hurt you. Please, promise me."

After a moment of silence, "I promise." He muttered. He can't do anything to jeopardize himself. I cant be the reason he gets hurt.

***

Everything came tumbling down when Spencer and Caleb looked into who rented the storage unit.

The name it's under is Hanna Marin.

The scarier thing is, they think Mona's body is somewhere inside of it in a random barrel.

We're falling right into A's trap. This is a nightmare.