𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘣

ARIA AND I ARE A BIT NERVOUS

ARIA AND I ARE A BIT NERVOUS. We have no idea what the hell our father is going to tell us. At this rate, I didn't know if he is capable of murder. What I've learned is we're all capable of unspeakable things.

Aria and I made our way home. I checked out of my room at The Radley for a bit so I had all of my stuff with me. I didn't want to stay there without Jason.

We walked into a dark home. She turned on the light and Byron was sitting on the couch.

"Did I scare you?" He asked when we visibly jumped.

"Why are you sitting in the dark?" I asked.

"I, uh, I have something to tell you guys." He let out. Aria and I shared an uneasy glance before sitting down. "I guess you have been able to put things together. Enough to know that I've been hiding something from you guys. I have to confess that I've..." He paused. Oh, god.

"I've been seeing someone." He finished.

Wait.

He just scared the shit out of us for him to say he has a girlfriend? That's it?

"Wait, what?" Aria choked out. Her and I were expecting him to say he was a murderer.

Just then, Ella walked in. Oh my god.

"Mom, hey, how long have you known about this?" Aria asked. I love Aria but she is not the brightest.

"Umm, well since he asked me." Ella replied and sat down next to him. She held his hand and that's when I saw the ring.

He proposed to her.

"Umm, wow. Congratulations." I smiled.

"I'm so glad we finally told you guys. Now, we don't have to sneak around anymore." Ella let out. Byron kissed her head. I am at a loss for words.

"That's why we saw you at The Radley." Aria said.

"Oh, you saw me?" He asked.

"I-I did, yeah. I guess I just thought it was for some other reason." Aria replied. His 9 iron is still missing.

"With you guys back in town, we needed to find some place to talk about when to tell you two and Mike. Should we call him again?" Ella said and turned her attention back to Byron.

"No, let's just give him a chance to call us back first." Byron replied.

"Seems like he's never in his dorm room anymore." Ella paused and turned back to us. "You're okay with this, right?"

"Yeah!" I let out sincerely. Aria and I both got up and hugged them. This is not the news I was expecting but I'll take it.

I moved my stuff back into my room and took a look around. It's been a while since I've been in here. I decided to call Jason.