Chapter 16

"Marcel?" I called from the living room and he came in. "Yeah?" he asked while putting on his shoes. "How long will you be away?" I asked and he looked at his watch. "It's 3 sooo... I should be back till 8." he said and I sighed. "Call Marco. Maybe he could keep you company." Marcel smirked and I stuck my tongue out. "Gotta go. Bye Em." Marcel said and shut the door behind him. Maybe calling Marco isn't that bad idea. But what if he's busy? He could make some time for me. I dialed his number and waited for an answer. "Hey Em." Marco said and I smiled. I like listening to him. I like his voice.

"Hi." I said shyly and cleared my throat. Don't be nervous Emma. "Marcel has just gone away and I was wondering... if you... if you are interested in coming over?" I asked nervously. "I'm sorry. Not today Em. I'm busy." he said. "Oh. Okey. Sorry for bothering." I said and heard him sigh. "No. You're not bothering. I'm.. I'm just busy." he said and I gulped. "Never mind. Bye." I said and hung up. How stupid was I to think that Marco would come. He's a football player and has more interesting thing to do than hanging out with me. I like him. I really do. But maybe he doesn't like me as much as he says he does.

.....

"Jesus!" Marcel called as he saw me laying on the sofa with huge pink blanket wrapped around my body. "Are you okey Emma?" he asked and I looked at him. "Sure." I mumbled and looked back at the TV. "Were you alone the whole time? Why didn't you call Marco?" Marcel asked and I faked a smile. "I called him. But he has more interesting things to do." I said and stood up. "Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to bed." I said and started walking to my room. "It's only 9." Marcel said and I turned around. "Yes, what reminds me - you're late." I said and waved him goodnight. How can one call change your mood? In my case, it can change my mood from perfectly well to depressed and sad. I guess going to bed is the best decision.

Morning

I put on jeans, grey hoodie, black comfortable shoes and put mu hair in a ponytail. Somehow, I haven't slept off my bad mood. I grabbed my textbooks and closed the door of my room. "Good.... morning." Marcel said and looked at me from head to toes. "Are you okey?" he asked and I sighed. It's the second time he asks me this question. I'm fucking perfectly well! "Yes. I'm going to school." I said and he spun me around. "I won't be at home when you come back. I'll come late, have some stuffs to do." he said and I shrugged. "Fine. Have a nice day." I said and walked out of our flat.

"Hi Jessie." I said and sat down next to her. "You're here super early today." she said and I nodded at the fact that our first lesson starts in 20 minutes. "Sooo... I told Fabian that you're not interested yesterday." she mumbled and I looked at her. "And his reaction was?" I asked and she sighed. "Well, he was disappointed, sad, frustrated... wait, shall I continue?" she asked and I shook my head quickly. "I'm sorry." I said and she shrugged. "He will get through it." she said and patted my shoulder. "I'll be right back." she said and left.

Well, I'll be alone today again, so maybe I could try to hang out with Marco. He can't reject me two following days, can he? 'Hey :) don't you wanna meet today?' I texted him and his response came almost immediately. 'I have time from now till 12.' Oh. My lessons will be over at 1. 'I'm at school. What about 4?' I texted and got his response at once. 'Sorry, no time.' the text was longer, but I didn't bother to continue reading. No time for me. I haven't seen him for 2 days and he doesn't seem to miss me. He got me wrapped up around his finger and now, when he is satisfied, he keeps ignoring me. Thank you Marco. Thank you.

Wednesday

I opened the door, took of my coat and continued my way to the living room until I saw Marco sitting there. Oh. So after 3 days he bothers to show up? How nice! He didn't have time for me, but when it comes to Marcel he always finds some time. "Hey." Marcel greeted and Marco turned his head in my direction. "Hi." I said and dragged my feet to my room. "Em? Where are you going?" Marcel asked and I turned around. No unnecessary questions please. "My room? I have no time, sorry." I said and slammed the door behind me. Now it's me who has no time.

I lay down on the bed and sighed. Why do I feel this way? Kind of.... brokenhearted? What did I expect? Knock. "Emma?" Marcel asked and stepped into my room. "What are you doing?" he asked and I groaned. Is it just my thought or everybody can see that he isn't that clever?! "Getting ready to study." I mumbled and he sighed. "Do you wanna eat?" he asked and I smiled. At least he cares of me. "No thanks. I've already eaten." I said and he nodded. "Are you sure that you're fine?" he asked and I nodded. "Yes. Go and spend your time with Marco." I said, stood up and closed the door just inches away from his nose. Ooops.

I lay down again, but now with the textbook in my hand and read it. I'm reading, but I can't remember a single word from the article. Shit! Somebody opened the door and I sighed. "I am fine Marcel. I'm not hungry. Let me read please." I said and he cleared his throat. I put the textbook down. Shit. It's not Marcel. "Can we talk?" Marco asked while smiling. Hell no. "I don't wanna sound rude, but I don't have time at the moment. Maybe later." I said and started reading again.

An unhappy chapter :( But wait guys - I have something to tell you. I'll be at home for 2 weeks because we have a school break that means I'll update every single day! Yaaaay! Hope I made you a little happy :-)