Chapter 43

6 pm

"Em, I'm gonna go to Robin's place." Marcel announced and I lifted my head up from the pillow on the sofa so that I can see him. "When will you be back?" I asked and he came closer. "I'm gonna sleep there. We have some stuffs to do tomorrow." he said and I nodded. I know why he hasn't even asked if I wanna join them. They're gonna watch the football match. Marcel already knows that I don't wanna see his face, nor hear his name. "Okay. Have fun." I said and he kissed my forehead. "Be safe. Bye." he said and left. Phew. So I'm gonna be alone for the next 20 hours or so? Cool, I have no chance to fall into even bigger depression.

I took my phone and bit my lip. Shall I? I don't wanna be alone. I can't call Jessie, nor any of our friends. They're on a party again and I've already rejected them. I wrote Erik a text saying 'Could you come? I mean... we could talk or something... Emma' and waited for his answer. No text, but a call. "Yes?" I answered. "Hi Emma. Well, I'm at my friend's. Is there something... something important?" he asked and I shook my head. Just the same as Marco. The first time I called him over he refused. "No, it's fine. Have fun Erik." I said and hung up. Okay. I'm honna be lonely. There's nothing wrong about it. I won't cry. I won't do it.

Knock. Has Marcel forgotten anything? I opened the front door and almost choked. "Hey." Erik said and I furrowed my eyebrows. "Hello. What...what about your friend?" I asked and he shrugged while smiling. "He is fine." he simply said and I smiled. "Come in." I said and let him in. "Nice flat." he said when we stepped into the living room. His eyes landed on the TV and he giggled. "No doubts you grew up in the UK." he said and pointed on the programme. MTV. "Haha." I said and he shook his head. "Can I get you anything to drink?" I asked and he looked around. "Where is your cousin?" he asked. Watching my ex-boyfriend playing football, why? "With his friends. He will come back tomorrow." I said and Erik smiled. "I'd like a glass of water." he said and I nodded.

I sat down on the sofa next to him after I had brought the water. "So what makes you want to talk?" Erik asked and looked at me. "I... I don't even know. I just hate being alone." I said and he smiled. Lie. I don't hate being alone, I just don't wanna think about the break up. I looked on the TV screen. They started playing 'MTV hits' and Erik stood up. "I don't know why, but you seem a bit upset. You don't wanna talk about it I think, but just to make you a bit happy - can we dance?" he asked and I giggled. "You don't like dancing." I said and he offered his hand. "Please?" he asked and I smiled. I stood up and we started dancing into the rhythm of 'Earned it' by The Weeknd. "Thank you." I said and he furrowed his eyebrows. "For?" he asked. "Not asking me about being upset." I said and he shrugged. "If you wanna talk about it, we can. But it's you to decide about it." he said and I smiled.

8 pm

We were talking about everything and nothing at the same time. I've forgotten about Marco for a little. "So, after dancing and talking, what else do you wanna do?" Erik asked and I took a deep breath. I should tell him so he won't feel like I lied to him. "I was dating Marco." I said quickly and he furrowed his eyebrows. "M-Marco Reus?" he asked and I bit my lip. "Yeah." I mumbled. "Oh." he said and we kept quiet. He looked at me and smiled sadly. "That's the reason of being upset?" he asked and I nodded. "I don't care." he said and I looked at him. "I mean, you said that you were dating." he said and I nodded. Past. "How long?" he asked. If I only knew. "For about...a month?." I answered. "Erik, co-could you act like you don't know about it?" I asked and he chuckled. "Nothing has changed." he said and I smiled. "Em, I should go." Erik said and I looked at him confused. "I promised my friend that I'm gonna come back and watch the match with him." he said and we stood up. "But this has nothing to do with..with him, right?" I asked and he smiled. "Nothing." he said and I smiled. "Bye. Thanks for coming." I said and he nodded. "It was my pleasure." he said and left.

I switched the TV on and heard the crack in my heart when I spotted Marco. Why does it hurt like this? Emma move on, he has hurt you! I wish I could be heartless, emotionless towards him, but I can't. I'd like to hurt him, hurt him so much that his heart would break into million pieces just like mine, but I can't.

He scored. He freaking scored and he is all smiley and celebrating. Yeah, I can see the way our breakup has hurt him. I can see in how big depress he is. I can see how much he's loved me. This is all wrong. .... They won. Still, he has that smile on his face, jumping around and celebrating.

I went to the kitchen and sat down on the bar stool with a bottle of vodka. The first glass. The second one. The third one. And the door has just been opened. Huh. I don't care. The forth glass was on my mouth when somebody rushed into the kitchen. "Emma stop it!" Marcel yelled and took the glass away. "Are you crazy?" he exclaimed and I shrugged. "Crazy, brokenhearted, call it what you want." I said and he sighed. "I'm gonna kill him." he said and I pointed on him with my finger. "Good piece of knowledge!" I exclaimed and almost fell down of the stool.

"Why did you drink?" Marcel asked and I shrugged. "Why. Did. You. Drink. Emma?" he asked again and I rolled my eyes. "I saw the match. How can he be that happy? He clearly doesn't love me the way he says because if he loves me that much, he wouldn't be that happy." I said and he shook his head. "Go to bed." he said and I sighed. "Why are you at home? You were supposed to be at Robin's." I said and he nodded. "Yes, but I knew that you would do something stupid." he said and I sighed. "E-Erik was here." I said and he rubbed his face with his hands. Why did I tell him? Oh Emma, you're so stupid.

"Why?" he asked while we were walking to my bedroom. "Because I was lonely. And I like him." I said. Wait. I like him? The alcohol has definitely made its way to my head. "Okay. I'm gonna act that you haven't told me." he said and put me in my bed. "Good night." he said and once I closed my eyes I fell asleep. -Lonely, I'm Mrs Lonely, I have nobody for my own.

Thanks for your comments and votes! :-)
I hope you like this chapter! Spread love, not hate for Emma! Haha.