Chapter 90

August 28, 2015
The 21st week

I woke up feeling the kicks in my belly. It's normal. Well, it's been like this for a week and I can't do anything with it. After waking up, brushing my teeth and having breakfast, I opened my laptop to read something about my little baby. I felt a kiss on top of my head and so I looked behind my shoolder. "Good morning." I said and Marco rubbed his eyes. "Hello babies." he said and I stood up. "What do you want for breakfast?" I asked, but Marco only brought me closer. "Nothing." he mumbled into my neck. He looks like a lost baby, his face in the crock of my neck and raspy voice. "Nothing?" I asked and kissed his head. He shook his head and pulled away. "Why are you awake so early?" he asked and put his hands on each side of my bump. "She was playing football." I said and Marco chuckled. "She's the next star." he said and I rolled my eyes. "Sure." I said and he pecked my lips. "Now let's go and make you breakfast." I said and dragged him to the kitchen.

I closed the laptop to see that Marco's already finished his food. "Good?" I asked and he nodded. "What were you reading the whole time?" he asked and I stood up. I sat down on the chair next to him and he smiled. "About baby." I said and he raised his eyebrows. "Everything all right?" he asked and I chuckled. "Marco, reading about babies doesn't mean that something's wrong." I said and pecked his lips. "I was just reading how she looks like now." I mumbled shyly and Marco grinned. "Tell me." he said. "She's about 25 centimetres long. And she's already got eyebrows." I said and Marco smiled. "Our lovely baby." he said and rubbed my belly. "What about buying something for her after the lunch?" he asked and I grinned. "Yes!" I exclaimed and hugged him. Marco and I pulled away. "We've got the crib and duvet. But we'll need more duvets. And clothes. And baby buggy." I said and Marco sighed. "Wait, I said buy something. Not everything." he said and I pouted. "We'll buy only some clothes then." I said and he kissed my cheek. "We have lots of time. And I'm sure we have some time to buy the baby buggy." he said and I nodded. "Today, we will buy what we like." he said and I pecked his lips. Yaaay! Shopping after lunch at Marco's parents!

.....

"So, how's our little princess doing?" Manuela asked while Nico was sitting on my lap. "Good. She's been kicking pretty hard for about a week now." I said and she smiled. "That's good." she said. Nico leaned his back against my tummy what made Marco make a move. "Nico c'm here. Let Emma relax a bit." Marco said and stretched out his hand. "Noo." Nico replied. He's been fussy today. Yvonne and Ben have some 'alone time' so he's been here with his grandparents. "Nico c'm on." Marco repeated, but it only made him tug the material of my T-shirt tighter. "Marco, it's fine." I said and looked at him. "Sure?" he asked and I nodded. I kissed the top of Nico's head and continued watching the TV.

"Em? Let's play!" Nico exclaimed and I heard Marco sigh after this. "Play?" I asked and he hopped of the sofa. He ran to the carpet where all of his toys were. Standing up, my movement was followed by Marco. I looked at Manuela who had furrowed eyebrows at her son. "I'm coming too." he said and too my hand in his. Manuela then turned her gaze on the TV again. "Are you okay?" I asked while looking at him carefully. "Yes." he replied and led me to the place where Nico was. "If you say so." I replied and he sighed. "I just... I want you to be careful." he said and I smiled. "Marco, I do all the movements I can. If I feel any kind of pain, even the most little pain, I'd stop." I said and he smiled. "I know." he said and pecked my lips. "Em!" Nico squealed and I giggled. Having problems to sit down on the carpet, I managed to do it. "So, what will we play?" I asked and Marco sat down next to me too. "Cars!" he exclaimed and gave each of us a car. Okay. Now I get why Manuela's been so excited about baby girl. I bet she's fed up with playing with cars and kicking a ball. But this is not the end of it. One never knows if our little princess won't be like her daddy. Maybe she'll love playing football.

"Emma! Stay!" Nico exclaimed while Manuela was holding him in her arms. Marco put on his jacket and took my hand in his, but I pulled away to go to Nico. "Don't be fussy Nico." I said and he buried his face into the crock of Manuela's neck. "Hey, I'm at home all the time. If you want to come, just tell your mommy or me so I could pick you up and we'll be together." I said and he looked at me with those big blue eyes. "Okay?" I asked and he nodded. I had looked at Marco's parents who were looking at me in awe before kissing Nico's cheek. "Bye bye." I said and he waved me. "Goodbye." I said and we left. Shopping!

.....

"Where now?" Marco asked when we stepped in the mall. "I don't know." I said and he giggled. He kissed my cheek and I smiled. I love him so much. "Thanks God I checked where a shop with baby clothes is." he said and I chuckled. "You did?" I asked and he shrugged. "I'm amazing. Don't be so surprised." he said and I laughed. "And modest." I said and pinched his cheek. "And yours." he mumbled in a husky voice and pecked my lips. "And mine." I confirmed and he smiled.

"It's huge!" I said when we stepped in the shop. "I knew you'd like it." Marco said and I looked around. "Hello. Can I help you?" the seller asked and I shook my head. "No thanks. We just want some clothes." I said and she smiled. "If you need my help, please, call me." she said and I nodded. I haven't even noticed that Marco isn't around me anymore. I looked to a shelf with clothes and giggled. Marco looks so cute. I walked to him and cleared my throat. "Excited?" I asked and he turned around. "This is funny." he said and held up 3 bodysuits. One with 'I love mama' and the other one with 'I love papa'. I giggled and Marco put it away. "But this one...we will buy it." he said and held up the bodysuit so I could read the sign. 'Awesomeness runs in my family' I laughed and took it in my hand. "Yeah. We should buy it." I said and he kissed my cheek. "What else?" he asked and started walking around the shop. Never ever have I thought that he would be this excited about buying clothes for our baby girl.