Chapter 44

Saturday, 12:00

"Thanks for cooking it." Marcel said after he had finished his food. Chicken meat with cheese pasta will never disappoint. "Sure thing." I said while playing with the rest of my meal. I stood up and put the plates into the dishwasher. Don't feel like eating at all. "What are we doing today?" Marcel asked and I furrowed my eyebrows. "We?" I asked and he nodded. "I don't know. I need to lie down for a bit." I said and went to my bedroom.

Unread message? 'Emma please talk to me. Talk to me. That goal was for you, please let's talk. I love you.' from Marco. Huh. I'm not gonna talk. He loves me? He seemed to be too happy without me. Knock on the door. "Come in." I said and Marcel opened the door. "You've got a visitor." he said and I furrowed my eyebrows. "Who?" I asked and he sighed. "Come and see." he said and went away. I promise, I swear if it's Marco I'm gonna beat him again. I walked out of my room in my grey sweatpants and messy bun. 

"Hello." Erik said with a smile on his face. "H-hey." I said a bit surprised. "I'll be in my room." Marcel said and walked past Erik. "W-why are you here?" I asked while rubbing my arm from nervousness. "I've wanted to invite you out. So, will you come?" he asked and I looked out of the window. It seems nice out there. "What will we do?" I asked and he shrugged. "Walk?" he asked and I nodded. "'l'll just get dressed properly." I said and walked into my room.

"Just one more minute." I told Erik as I walked out of my room straight into Marcel's one. "I'm going out." I said and he signalized to close the door. "I..I won't be at home either." he said and I nodded. So they're going out with Marco. "Em, why are you going out with him?" Marcel asked and I sighed. "Because I need to clear my head. I can't think about Marco all the time because my heart is going to explode." I said and went out of the room immediately.

....

"I absolutely adore this place." I said while we were walking around with Erik. He showed me another little park in this city and I'm thankful for it. We continued walking til a little hill appeared in front of us. "Do you wanna run?" he asked and I looked at him. "There?" I asked pointing my finger on the hill. "Yeah." he said with a giggle and I laughed too. "You're a football player, that means, when you're on top of it, I will be standing a few metres away from this spot." I said and he shook his head. "I'm not at my best." he said and I looked around. I hope nobody recognizes me here. "Okay then." I said and he smirked. "Get ready." he said and we stood on the same place. "3, 2, 1." Erik counted and we started running.

What a surprise that I fell down. I'm falling down all the time. In my personal life, while running, everywhere. "Em?" I heard Erik calling after me from the top, but I didn't turn around. I kept sitting on the cold ground. I've been too down lately and it's time to stand up. To be different. Stronger. "Are you in pain?" Erik asked and sat down on the ground next to me. "Emma. Say something." he said and I finally looked at him. "I'm fine." I mumbled and he sighed in relief. "C'mon. Stand up." he said and held out his hand. I took it and smiled. "Thanks." I said and looked away. "You're thinking." he said and I looked at him.

"I've just fell down." I said and pointed on the spot where I was sitting a minute ago. "But you stood up. And nothing hurts, right?" he asked and I nodded. He doesn't get the point. "I've been so down lately." I said and he furrowed his eyebrows. "I mean, I've been in depress for the past week. I wanna move on." I said and he smiled. "Move on then." he said with a smile on his lips. I wish it is that easy. Just to tell myself that I'm gonna move on and I'll do it. But it doesn't work like that. I'm gonna get what I want. I will be stronger. Independent. Just different.

"There's a party tonight." I said and looked at him. "Have fun." he said nervously and I giggled. "Come with me." I said and stopped walking. "We can dance." I said and pinched his shoulder. "I don't know." he said while rubbng the back of his neck. "Nah. You're coming." I said and started walking again. "You're amazing." he said while laughing and I smiled. The last time I heard this, Marco was telling me.

.....

I closed the door behind me and heard voices from the living room. I took a step back and listened carefully. "I need her." Marco's voice. Why the hell is he here? "You should have realized earlier Marco." Marcel said and I lowered down on the floor. "I know. I... I wish she would talk to me. That's all I want. Me speaking and her listening." Marco said and my heart broke into billion little pieces. "She's not like this. She always over reacts. She won't let you talk when she's already made up her mind." Marcel said. Yeah, he knows me too well.

Enough of being afraid. I stood up and walked into the living room. "Em." Marco breathed out and I saw Marcel looking at my jeans. "Why are you dirty?" he asked and I put on the fakest smile my mouth can give. "I fell down while running." I said and he rolled his eyes. "How is Erik?" Marco asked. How stupid! I definitely take this as a sarcastic voice! "Do you talk to sluts?" I asked and finally looked at him. "I don't think that you're a slut." he said and stood up. "Oh, really? You've behaved like that." I said and he took a deep breath. "Just let me speak." he said and I shook my head. "No." I said and was about to walk away when he grabbed my hand. He pulled me closer and rubbed my cheek. "I love you. And I think of you as my Emma. No names." he said and pressed his lips on mine. I've missed that contact. Hell no! Emma pull away! I pulled away and pushed him away. "Don't do it ever again." I said and he put on his confused, but also hurt look.

"I'm going to take a shower." I told Marcel and walked away. I've got a thick skin and elastic heart. I have to be strong.

Tell me your thoughts please! The next chapter is gonna be reaaaaally interesting! Haha.
Couple of sneak peeks:
* "A-are you going there alone?" Marco asked and looked at me. "No. Actually, I'm going there with my fuck buddy." I said.
* I stood up and Erik looked at me confused. "Enough of sitting?" he asked and I shook my head. I bit my lip and sat down on his lap.
* "Touch me." I mumbled.
I hope those 3 points make you curious! Thanks for comments and votes! :-)