Chapter 54

Monday

Somebody opened the door and so I looked away from the textbook. "Hi." Marco said with a light smile on. "Hello." I said. Why is he here? "I've..I've come to say goodbye." he said and I furrowed my eyebrows. Say goodbye? Is this..is this the end? Marco noticed my confused expression and so he opened his mouth to speak. "I'll come back on Wednesday. There's a match tomorrow." he said. Oh. Just a match. "Oh. Good luck." I said and smiled. "Thanks. So...how are you?" he asked and I shrugged. "Not bad. You?" I asked and he smiled. "Fine." he said and I nodded. "So I'll go." he said and I smiled. "Good luck. I'll...I'll make sure to watch it." I said and he nodded. "Can...can I hug you?" he asked. Can he? I stood up and came closer. I rubbed his cheek, but pulled away as the thought of the other girl hit me. "Sorry." I mumbled and he nodded. "Bye Em." he said and I nodded. "Bye Marco." I said and he walked out of the rom.

Marco's POV

I walked out of her room and was met by Marcel's hopeful look. "She didn't want to hug me." I said and he sighed. "So?" he asked and I shrugged sadly. "She caressed my cheek, but pulled away after a second." I said and touched the place where her hand was. "You fucked up and she's letting you know." he said and I chuckled sadly. He's always supportive. "I love her." I said and he nodded. "If you show her, she will forgive you. She loves you, but right now...she's disappointed." he said and I nodded. I caused the disappointment and it hurts badly.

Tuesday
Emma's POV

I'm watching the match against Dresden with Marcel and God I'm nervous. Dortmund is at the ball when...shit. Marco has just fallen and he's not standing up. "Marco!" I said and prayed to God in my mind. "Jesus." I screamed and grabbed the pillow. I dug my nails into it and held the tears back. Why is he not standing up? "Emma breath." Marcel said and rubbed my back. "But.." I said and pointed on the TV. 2 doctors are there helping Marco to stand up. He can't walk properly. Oh my Lord. What have I done to you that you keep doing his?! "Marcel what is happening?" I asked him while holding the pillow really tight.

"God." I said and Marcel sighed. "Em breath. It doesn't have to be anything serious. Just..just wait." he said and I looked at him through the tears. I nodded and looked at the TV again. Please God don't let anything happen. I...I don't know why I feel like this...like a shit that can't help somebody...somebody I love. "Where is he?" I exclaimed when Marco wasn't on the TV screen anymore. "Emma, the doctors will take care of him." he said and I let out a shaky breath.

.....

"Can I call him?" I asked Marcel after the match had finished with result 2:0. "Em, I'll repeat it once again. He. Will. Call. You." he said and I crossed my arms over my chest. "How do you know?" I asked and he sighed. "He will. I am sure. If you call him now, he wouldn't answer. Believe me." he said and I nodded. "Go to bed. School tomorrow." he said and I shook my head. "I won't be able to fall asleep." I said shakily and he hugged me. "You should sleep. I would wake you up if Marco calls." he mumbled and I nodded. "Okay." I said and pulled away. "Night." he said and I tried to smile. "Good night." I said and left to my room.

I woke up at 1 am. I can't sleep. The fuck! I checked my phone and there's no message nor call from Marco. I walked into the kitchen with my notebook and sat on the bar stool. I opened the browser and searched if there are any news about Marco. Nothing. "Emma?" Marcel asked and switched on the lights. I looked at him and he rolled his eyes. "You will look like a living goner tomorrow." he said and I sent him a death glare. "He hasn't called." I said and he came closer. "He did. It isn't that serious." he said and a huge stone fell from my heart. Wait. "He called?" I asked and he nodded. "About an hour ago. He called me because he didn't mean to wake you up." he said. How nice. But I'd be pretty thankful if I hear his voice. "Give this to me." Marcel said and took the notebook away from me. "And g to bed." he said. "Give it to me." I said and pointed on the notebook. "No. Go to bed." he said and so I went to bed.

.....

Wednesday

I woke up...well, I got up absolutely lifeless. I haven't fallen asleep when I came to bed at around 1:15. So no sleep. I'm tired and nervous, yet I have to go to school. I can't miss any more classes.

"Emma you're lifeless." Marcel said while I was putting on my anorak. "That's the right word." I said and he chuckled lightly. "I...I'm so happy that you care about him like this." he said and I ignored it. It doesn't mean that I've forgiven him. "I'll be back at about 2 pm." I said and closed the door behind me. I hope I won't fall asleep while out teacher will be speaking.

"You what?! You're giving him another chance?!" Jessie exclaimed and I rolled my eyes. Is it that bad idea? "I'm gonna try it." I said and she patted on my forehead. "He hurt you! Wake up! There's Erik who would never do it to you." she said and I slapped her hand away. "Jessie, he loves me." I said and she threw her hands in the air. "And that's the reason for giving him another chance?" she asked furious and I sighed. "I don't need to talk about it." I said and stood up. This was my decision. If I wanna give him a chance then I will give him one. And I really don't care what anybody thinks about it.

.....

I was walking out of the school while being deep in my thoughts when I heard the horn. I looked up and realized that it's Erik. I walked in his direction and got in. "Hey." he said and I giggled. "Hey. What makes you appear in front of my school?" I asked and he shrugged. "I've not been sure that you're fine since the phone call." he said and I smiled. He started driving and I kept humming the song on the radio. "Where are we going?" I asked and he chuckled. "I'm going for training, so I'll just drop you off at your place." he said and I furrowed my eyebrows. Did he come just to drop me off at mine? "Erik, why the hell did you come? I mean, how did you even know that I wasn't driving to school?" I asked while laughing and he smiled. "Well, I was driving around your flat when a thought of you hit me. Your car is parked there." he said and I chuckled. He came just to talk.

I looked on the little car carpet under my legs and noticed a box. I opened it and rolled my eyes. What else than a pair of cleats did I expect? I held one up and Erik looked at me for a second. "Do you like it?" he asked and I nodded. Light orange colour. "Yes, but... how can you walk in it?" I asked and we both laughed. "How can you walk in high heels?" Erik asked and I laughed along. "Good question." I said and he smiled.

"Here you go madam." he said and parked the car in front of the building. "I don't know why you've done this, but it was nice. Thank you." I said and he blushed. "Whenever." he said and I stepped out of the car. "Em, steal some cleats from your cousin because the next time we'll play football." he said while I kept the door open. "Haha. Thanks again. Bye." I said and waved him.

Thanks for your votes and comments! :-)
Wondering if I should update twice today. What do you think?