Chapter 4

I walked out of my car and walked in the McDonald's. I don't even know why I agreed on this place. Whatever. I'm gonna get some calories from so called 'burger'.

I noticed Jessie and went over. "Hello." I said and hugged her. I looked at the guy. Blonde hair just like his sister and brown eyes. Cutie. Young cutie. He has the biggest smile I've ever seen. I guess they're happy that they finally have a friend. "I'm Emma." I said and shook his hand. "Fabian. Nice to meet you." he said and I sat down.

"Sooo, have you two already ordered anything?" I asked and looked around. I wouldn't mind a waitress around. "No, we haven't. I'm gonna get some food. So, what will you have?" Jes asked. "Well, I'll have a chickenburger with soda." I said and Fabian furrowed his eyebrows. "Too healthy." he said and smirked. "Cheeseburger, cola and some chips please." he said and Jessie rolled her eyes. She left and there's awkward silence here. Is the guy shy? Honestly, I've never met a shy man. Maybe I shouldn't name him a man. He looks too young. "So, I know some things about your sister. What will you tell me?" I broke the silence.

"Well, my name's Fabian. I'm 18 years old and I'll graduate this year. And I guess that's it. Nothing special." he said and I nodded while smiling. "What about you?" he asked and I shrugged. "I've just moved in Dortmund from Berlin. I grew up in Brighton and I'm 21 years old." I said and shrugged my shoulders. My biography would be sooo popular. No, I'm just kidding.

Home

I walked in the flat and noticed that the lights are off and so is TV. Has anybody died? "Marcel?" I called. "Right hereee!" he screamed. I walked into his room and saw him lying on the bed. "Are you sick when you're in the bed?" I asked and he giggled. "No. But I'm bored." he said. Yeah, there is no Robin, nor Marco here. "Where are the guys?" I asked. Like really, where are they? "Marco's at the training and Robin went home." Marcel said and I wiggled my eyebrows.

"Shouldn't you be out too? Looking for a girlfriend?" I asked. Oops. I shouldn't have done it. "Why... Emma I don't wanna talk about the girlfriend theme." he said and I threw my hands in the air in defence. "Why are you so offensive when I ask about your girlfriend?" I asked. I shouldn't have done this too. "Emma go away. Really. Leave me alone for a minute." he said and I shook my head. "No." I said while still standing there.

"I need a minute without questions Emma about my girlfriend. Leave." he said. Okey. I screwed this up. A lot. "Sorry." I said and went to my room. He's hated talks about girlfriends since he broke up with his one. She was crazy. I mean it in a good way. Good crazy. But things didn't work between them so they called it over. Ever since, questions about his girlfriends are not allowed.

Morning

School starts at 10 today, so I have 2 hours. Fine. Marcel is sitting in front of me while eating breakfast. The only thing I've heard from him yet was 'good morning'. Sir is offended. Knock on the door. "Won't you open the door?" I asked him. He sighed and went to open the door. Why is he freaking out?! Just because I asked about his girlfriend?! "Hi Em." Marco said and I furrowed my eybrows. Is he going to be here all the time? I don't mind him somehow. I find it impossible that I don't mind him being around me, but it's so. I just wonder if he's gonna be here 24/7.

"How are you?" Marco asked and I shrugged. "It would be better if my cousin would communicate." I said and Marco gave me a confused look. "I communicate." Marcel exclaimed. He better watch out or my butter bread will end up in his face. "Do you? You're quiet al the time!" I exclaimed and he sent me ironical look. Enough! I stood up and went to my room. Jeans and nice pink sweater are just fine. I grabbed my bag with textbooks and jacket.

"Marco, please, be so nice and let that idiot pull himself together! And please, tell him that I'm sorry for whatever I've done." I said, obviously addressing my words to my stupid cousin. "Whatever? Emma! All I want is you not to ask about my girlfriend!" Marcel exclaimed. Marco is like the 3rd wheel here. Awkward.

"Okey! Sorry! I've already told you million times, but I'll do it again! I'm sorry!" I exclaimed and went to the hall. I put on my shoes and saw those 2 guys standing in front of me. "Where are you going? The school starts in 2 hours." Marcel said now more clamly. "I don't need to see your offended face! Have a nice day!" I exclaimed and shut the door behind me. What a cool day. Amazing.

.....

Our school has its own cafe so I'm sitting here. I'm sorry for the way I acted. But that idiot is so stubborn! So what if he broke up with his girlfriend?! Nobody will die for it! He's not the only one who broke up with partner! I'm not talking about myself though. I had a boyfriend 2 years ago. I like being free. Maybe not so much, but it's much better then have a jerk as a boyfriend. My phone is ringing. ID? None.

"Uum, hello?" I said. "Hi... it's me. Marco." he said into the phone. "Oh, hi. What's wrong?" I asked. "Are you fine? I mean... I'm sorry for the way Marcel acted earlier. And so is he." Marco said. Aaaaw. What a cutie. What? What have I just thought?! Stop! I can't find him cute! "Y-yeah. I'm fine. It's all right." I said. Silence. I hate silence. "How was your yesterday's evening?" Marco asked out of nowhere. 9:55. "Uum Marco, I'd like to talk to you, but my class will start in 5 minutes. Shit! Oh sorry... have I said shit all loud?" I asked and he giggled.

"Yes. It's fine. It's not like I haven't heard the word before." he said and I smiled. Stop smiling Emma Fornell! Stop it! "Okey. Well, I guess we will talk when I come back home and you're there. Umm. I didn't mean it like you're there all the time. I just... Gosh! Sorry." I said feeling my cheeks burning. Shit! Why am I acting like this?! "It's fine. Breath." Marco said and laughted. "Okey. See you then Marco." I said and hung up. Shit. That was super awkward.