Chapter 56

Erik opened the door and let me step in first. "Welcome." he said and I chuckled sadly. "Can I go to the room?" I asked and he nodded. "Sure." he said and I went there. I sent Jessie a message telling her the whole situation and her reply was 'Smart girl. Enjoy Erik's company.' Enjoy? I'm sad, broken inside and confused. How can I enjoy anything? I asked her how she meant the 'enjoy his company' part and got a text that took my breath away. 'Fuck him.' Really? Fuck him? How...romantic. I looked for Erik and found him in his room. "Knock." I said and opened the door wider. "Em I have a little training. Do you...do you wanna come with me?" he asked while rubbing the back of his neck. "No, thanks. Can you drive me to a cafe?" I asked and he furrowed his eyebrows. "A cafe? Why?" he asked and I bit my lip. "I wanna meet my friend." I said and he smiled. "Sure. Shall I pick you up after the training." he said and I nodded.

.....

"Hi." I said and sat opposite Jessie. She slapped her forehead and pouted. "You were crying so hard." she said and I shrugged. My eyes are puffy and red from all those tears. "Mine?" I asked and pointed on the other cup next to hers. "Yeah." she said and moved it in my direction. I mouthed 'thanks' and took a sip of it. Nothing is better than a cup of black coffee when you're depressed. "So, what did you mean by enjoy his company?" I asked again and she chuckled. "Sleep with him." she simply said and I pressed my forehead on the table. "Why shall I do it?" I asked and looked up again. "Because. He likes you, you like him plus it would make you feel better." she said and I rolled my eyes. "Look, take my advice. I slept with Thomas just because I needed to forget my old boyfriend back in Poland. It worked." she said proudly and I bit my lip.

.....

"Hey." I said and got in the car. "Hello. Had fun?" Erik asked and started driving again. "Fun?" I asked and he sighed. "I want you to be happy." he mumbled and I smiled. "That's nice. But it's not that easy." I said and put my head on the window. I closed my eyes that are pretty tired. It's not easy to keep them open when I was crying for about 2 hours or more.

Somebody was shaking me by my shoulder gently so I opened my eyes. "C'mon. I don't think you wanna sleep here." Erik said while giggling. I rolled my eyes and stepped out of the car. We walked into his flat and I took off my shoes immediately. I lost my balance and almost fell down, but Erik caught me. "Watch out." he said and I chuckled lightly. "What are we going to do?" I asked, completely ignoring the awkward almost fall. "I don't know. You can choose a movie." he said and I shrugged. "Don't you wanna eat first?" I asked and he chuckled. "I...I can cook something." he said while rubbing the back of his neck. "No, you can't." I said and walked into his kitchen. I opened the fridge and bit my lip. Something what's made fast, but tastes great. "Fish fingers?" he asked from behind and I looked at him. "Only fish fingers?" I asked and he nodded. "Can I help?" he asked and I shook my head. "No, you've already helped me a lot today." I said and he took a seat on the bar stool. He was watching me the whole time, but it wasn't making me nervous. "Why are you watching me?" I asked and he smiled. "I don't know." he said with his chin pressed on the little island. I laughed from the sight and his smile grew wider. "I've missed this laugh." he said and I bit my lip. Why is he so kind?

"Here you are." I said and put the plate in front of Erik. He licked his lips and I smiled. "Hope it is good." I said and he smiled. "Let's taste it." he said and took a bite of it. "How come that...that it tastes much better than my own ones?" he asked and I giggled. Erik held up one fish finger and I shook my head. "No, thanks." I said and he gulped. "No no. You have to eat too." he said and I giggled. I took a step closer and took a bite of it. I could feel some kind of tension though I was on the other side of the island. "Not bad." I commented the fish finger and he giggled. "Come here and help me because I can't eat a plate full of it by myself." he said and I laughed.