Chapter 98

2017

"Olivia. I can see you." I told her with a smirk on my face watching her throwing her toys in every single direction. "Liv." I called and she squealed. "Mom!" she called and started running around the living room. I switched off the cooker and walked to the living room. "Okay. You can't wait for daddy to run around so it's my turn to catch you now." I mumbled to myself and started making sounds which made her laugh. "Hello." Marco called from the hall and Liv stopped running. "Who's just come?" I asked pointing in the hall's direction. "Daaaad!" she squealed and ran there. "Oh God." Marco said when she almost bumped into his legs. "Hi baby." he told her lifting her up. "Hi Em." he smiled and kissed my cheek. "How was training?" I asked and he shrugged. "Fine. But I'm glad to be back." he said and I pecked his lips. "Liv, go and show daddy how big mess you've made." I said and Marco put her down on the ground. She ran away and I was about to follow her when Marco caught me. "I missed you." he mumbled huskily and kissed me. "I love you." he said and I smiled. "Love you too." I said and he kissed the side of my neck. "Liv's time for sleep is in 3 hours?" he asked and I shrugged. "It's 5 pm so yep, in 3 hours." I confirmed and he smirked. "Yeah? Sooo, we could have some time together upstairs?" he asked and kissed my chest. "Boom!" I heard Olivia exclaiming and so I ran to the living room not answering Marco. "Boom?" I asked and she nodded pointing on a teddy bear. "Fall." she said and I looked at Marco. "Somebody has a bit too much energy." Marco sang and Liv smirked. "I'll catch you and you know it." Marco said pointing on her what caused her to start running. Little kids. Sometimes, I can't see the other adult in this family.

.....

"Mommy." Liv groaned and I looked at her. "Want to sleep?" I asked her and she rubbed her eyes. More than response. "I'll settle her." Marco said. He's trying to do his best to be with her. And Marco wants to help whenever he can. "No!" Olivia replied and Marco looked down on his lap sadly. "Why? Daddy would settle you. He would wait til you fall asleep just as me." I said and she shook her head. "Sorry." I kissed Marco's cheek and lifted her up. "Bed?" I asked and she nodded. After coming into her room, I changed her clothes into her pyjamas. "Baby, daddy would like to settle you into bed too." I said and put her on her bed. "He was sad when you told him not to." I said and she cuddled up into her blanket. "I love you." I said and kissed her on lips. "Goodnight." I whispered and she fell asleep after a while. Walking down the stairs of our house, I walked in the living room and sat back down on the sofa. "I'm sorry." I said and he looked at me. "Why doesn't she want me to settle her?" he asked and I kissed his cheek. "She's used to me. I mean, when you're away, I am the one to be with her all the time." I said and he sighed. "It hasn't happened the first time." he mumbled and I furrowed my eybrows not understanding what he means. "She doesn't want me." Marco said and I rolled my eyes. "Marco. Don't be silly. You're her daddy, she loves you." I said and he looked at me. "She's too little to understand that you have to leave." I said and he sighed. "I love you." I said and kissed his chin what made him giggle. "Do you?" he asked and I nodded standing up. "C'm with me." I said and he smirked. "Really?" he asked and I nodded. "Yep." I confirmed pecking his lips gently.

The following day

"Will you bring Liv? She's in the living room." I asked Marco putting the plates on the dining table. "Yeah." he said kissing my cheek. I was humming a song being in a good mood when I heard Olivia's cry. "What's wrong?" I asked taking her from Marco. "What is going on Liv?" I asked and she sobbed. "I picked her up and she started crying." Marco explained and moved closer. "What about this...you'll kick a ball with daddy later?" I asked her. This was supposed to make her laugh as always, but she just buried her face into my neck. "No." she mumbled and Marco sighed. "Why not?" he asked rubbing her back gently. "No daddy." she mumbled and I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why not?" I asked pulling her back to face her. "Olivia, why not?" I asked and she looked down. "No." she whispered and Marco sighed leaving the dining room. Now, which road to take? Talk to Marco or stay here with Olivia? "Baby, why don't you wanna play with daddy?" I asked sitting down with her on my lap. "Mommy." she said playing with my hair. "Okay. But daddy will play with us." I said and she whimpered. Okay, I totally know what's going on now. "Baby, I know that daddy isn't with you 24/7 like me, but he loves you. And he'd like to play with us." I said and she peeked up at me through her long eyelashes. "He's sad that you don't wanna play with him." I said and she pouted. "Let's make him happier." I said and walked up the stairs with Liv in my arms. After putting her in her bed, I started walking towards our bedroom.

"Marco?" I asked opening the door to see him standing beside the window. "C'mon, don't be like this." I said after a while of silence. "Em, I bought this house with this garden so that we'd play. But she doesn't even wanna play with me!" Marco said sadly and I sighed walking to him. "Marco, she loves you. She didn't have a proper sleep at night. She's just fussy." I said and pecked his lips. "Buying this house was the best thing. Believe me." I said kissing him once again. "We love you. She does love you." I said and he sighed. "Where's she?" he asked and I smiled. "In her room." I said and he nodded. Taking my hand in his, he started walking towards her room. "Princess Olivia, we have breakfast downstairs." Marco spoke after opening her door. "Daddy." she mumbled quietly. Marco walked towards her bed while I kept standing in the door frame. "Sorry." Liv mumbled into his neck after he had took her up. "It's okay." Marco said kissing her head. "Would you kiss me?" Marco asked and she squealed. Kissing his lips, she pulled away making faces. "I love you baby." Marco said and kissed her cheek taking her in my direction. "You must have told her off." Marco mumbled into my ear and I chuckled. "I wasn't that cruel." I said kissing his cheek. "Will we play football after breakfast?" I asked her and she nodded. Seeing her with Marco makes my heart melt. Her eyes as his, her lips like mine and her hair also as dark as mine. She is beautiful. But they both being fine is even more beautiful.

There are only 2 more chapters left :(
Thanks for your comments and votes. I literally love you! <3
I don't know when I'll update again because I need to revise for my exams (2 this week). Probably Wednesday or Thursday.
I hope you all had a wonderful day! If you have exams too, good luck! You'll pass them! :)