Chapter 55

I walked in the living room and rolled my eyes. "How surprising that you're watching that stupidity again." I said and pointed on the TV. How I met your mother. Haha. We're all laughing. "How come you're here so early?" he asked and I furrowed my eyebrows. "It's 1:20." I said and he nodded. "Yes, but you finished at 1. You were walking to school, weren't you?" he asked and I bit my lip. I sat down and looked at him. "I walked there in the morning, but Erik gave me a lift here." I mumbled and he furrowed his eyebrows? "What? Why?!" he exclaimed and I sighed. "I was walking out of the school when I noticed Erik waiting for me." I said and he faked a smile. "This is how you're working on your relationship with Marco?" he asked and I furrowed my eyebrows. "I can meet my friends. By the way, he hasn't even called me yet." I said and walked in my room.

I did nothing with Erik. It was a friendly meeting. He drove me home and that's it. We didn't hug, nor kissed - so we are friends. I better go studying or my head is going to explode. I wonder if Marco is going to come today. I'd like to see him. No, don't think about him Emma. You need to study.

.....

I walked out of my room with anatomy thoughts in my head, but they were pushed away as soon as I spotted Marco. "Hello." I said and he turned his head in my direction. It feels good seeing him without crutches. "Hi." he said with a smile on his face. "How are you?" I asked while still standing in front of my door. "Em come here." Marcel said and patted on the spot next to him. I nodded and walked there. "Fine. I'm sorry for scaring you yesterday." he said and I chuckled. Marcel has already told him about my almost heart attack. "Huh. I'm fine." I said and waved my hand off. It feels good talking to him, but as soon as touching comes it is different. Not good, nor comfortable.

Knock on the door. I looked at Marcel and he shook his head. "You're so lazy ass!" I said and stood up to see who is knocking. I opened the door and gulped. Shit. "Hello." Erik said and I smiled nervously. "Hi." I said and rubbed the back of my neck. "So, I was wondering...if you don't wanna go out for a walk?" he asked and I bit my lip. Okay, let's not drive anybody mad. "Come in." I said and he followed me in the living room. Marcel's eyes widened and Marco gulped hardly. "Oh, hi." Erik said and Marcel rubbed his now sweaty forehead. "Hey." Marco said and looked at me. "So, we're all going for a walk. Do you mind Erik?" I asked and looked at him. "No." he said after a while. "Marcel put on your jacket, the same goes to you...Marco. I'll just put on my jeans." I said and got changed quickly.

.....

We were walking in silence. I'm walking between Marco and Erik. And I have to admit that I'm pretty nervous. "Don't you wanna stop by for some beans Em?" Erik asked and I chuckled. I felt Marco's eyes on me and so I stopped laughing. "Not today. I'm fine without it." I said and he shrugged. We continued walking when Marco stopped. We all stopped walking too and I looked at him. What the hell is he keeping his gaze on? I looked in the way where he's looking. A blond girl. Pretty slim at first sight. I looked at Marcel who was biting his lip and then back at Marco. "Who is she?" I breathed out in hope my idea won't be confirmed. "Who. Is. She?" I asked slowly and Marco looked at me with fearful look. "Oh God." I said and took a deep breath. She's the one whom Marco slept with. "It's her." Marco confirmed. No. This can't be happening. I took a step back while shaking my head. "Emma." Marcel said and stretched his hand in my direction. "Em please." Marco said and the tears made their way out. I shook my head and ran away. Literally ran away. She was beautiful. Long legs, slim body, blond hair up in a pony tail. I wiped the tears away while running. I couldn't stand the sight of a woman whom Marco slept with. I just couldn't do it.

.....

My phone kept ringing. Once it was Marcel. The next time Marco or Erik. I'm currently sitting on the bench where I had lunch with Erik. It's quiet here. Nobody's around. Just me, my thoughts and tears. I just wanna go home. But I'm sure there are all 3 of them. And I don't feel like seeing Marco and the guilt in his eyes. Nor listening to Marcel. But Erik...maybe...he could help. I just... I'm cold and the tears are almost freezing. The phone's ringing again. Erik. I answered the call, but said nothing. "Emma where are you?" he asked breathless. "I'm. In. The. Park." I said through sobs. "Where exactly?" he asked. "We had lunch here." I said and wiped the tears away. "Stay there." he said and hung up. Yeah. I don't have energy for walking. Crying made me lose it.