Chapter 60

Monday

I looked up and giggled when I spotted Jessie's face. It's green. "Was it that bad?" I asked and she sat down next to me. "I screwed it. I know it." she said and I rolled my eyes. We've already finished the test and if we wait for another half an hour, we will know the results. I knew it, I mean, I was studying pretty hard so if I wouldn't pass it, I'd be angry with myself. But Jessie didn't know that much. "What were you doing there so long?" I asked and pointed on the restroom's door which she's just walked out of. "What do you do when you're stressed?" she asked with annoyance and I made a face. She threw up? Amazing. "Where are you going after the results?" she asked out of nowhere. She's really curious. I...I don't have to tell her, do I? "Home." I lied and she nodded. "Me too. I'll fall asleep when I hit my bed." she said and I giggled.

.....

I was knocking on the door like crazy when Erik finally opened the door. He opened his mouth, but didn't say a word. I wrapped my arms around his neck from happiness and giggled. "I made it!" I exclaimed and he chuckled. I pulled away and he smiled. "I'm happy for you." he said and I walked past him. I made my way to the living room's window and looked at Erik then. "I. Am. So. Freaking. Happy." I said and he shook his head while laughing. "Really? I haven't noticed." he said ironically and I rolled my eyes. "Are you up for lunch?" he asked and I tapped on my chin, acting like I'm thinking. "Fish fingers?" I asked and he blushed. "No." he shook his head and I smiled. "It would be nice." I said and he smiled. I haven't thought about Marco today yet. He's left my mind for now. I don't miss the pain inside of my heart, but I miss imagining his face. His smile. Laugh. Jokes. Cheesy phrases.

"Em?" Erik shook his hand in front of my face and so my thoughts left at once. "Yeah? Sorry." I said with a light chuckle and he smiled. "So will you play with the first team?" I asked and he shrugged. "It seems like I'm playing on Wednesday with the second one. And then, maybe I'll play at the weekend." he said and I nodded. "Pardon." the waiter said and put a plate on the table. "Here you are. Can I bring you anything else?" he asked and I shook my head. "No, thank you." Erik said with a smile and the waiter left. How can he be polite like this? I mean, Marco is polite too, but Erik is some kind of extreme.

.....

"Thanks for the lunch!" I told Erik and he parked the car in front of my flat. "You're welcome." he said and looked at me. "Will we meet tomorrow too?" he asked and I shrugged. "Don't know." I said in annoyed voice with a wink trying to bring some humor in. He laughed and shook his head. He stopped laughing and focused his gaze on me. I bit my lip because hell how lovely his eyes look. He sighed and looked away. "I can't." he said and I looked down on my lap. It's better this way. I got off the car and smiled. "Thanks. Bye." I said and went upstairs.

I opened the door and went straight into the living room. I squealed and ran to Marcel. "I made it! I'm fucking genius!" I exclaimed and he giggled. "Congrats." he said and I nodded. Somebody cleared his throat and I turned around to see Marco. "Congratulations." he said. "Thanks." I mumbled and pointed on the door of my room. "I should...change my clothes." I said and went there.

6 pm

"What have you been doing til now?" Marcel asked and I lay down on the sofa. "Studying?" I said and he rolled his eyes. "You don't have to be better than Einstein." he said and I chuckled. "What's next on TV?" I asked and he shrugged. "Sport news probably." he said and I sighed. Please no breathtaking news. 'BVB World' appeared on the screen and I gulped. 'Coach Klopp said he's not sure whether Erik Durm will play in the next match or not. There's a chance of him playing with the BVB II on Wednesday.' the presenter said. No news for me. 'Our star Marco Reus was seen yesterday in the city centre with some girls around. Haunting again Marco?' the presenter said with a smirk and showed a pic of Marco and 3 girls around him. No tears. No cries. No. No. 'Marco has started scoring again, so we dare him not to lose his concentration. Next up - weather broadcast.' she said and I stood up. "What was that?" I asked Marcel and he rubbed his face with his hands. "I wish I can answer." he said and I chuckled sadly. "Emma I know this sounds cruel, but I don't think he was cheating this time." he mumbled the last part and I shook my head. He should be careful with his actions. But he's not. I walked in the hall immediately and put on my anorak. "Where are you going?" he screamed after me, but I only shut the door behind me.