Chapter 28

9:00

I woke up and went to the bathroom. "Hello." I said as I spotted Marcel in the kitchen. He gulped the juice and looked at me. "Hey." he said and I sat down next to him. "How are you?" he asked and I faked a smile. "My friend got into a fight because of me yesterday so yeah... I'm perfect." I said ironically and he rolled his eyes. "Wait?! Have you just said my friend?" he asked and I furrowed my eyebrows. "Yes? Some problems?" I said and he sighed. "Okay. No problem. Fine." he said and I rolled my eyes.

My phone began ringing so I ran to my room. "Tell Marco I say hi!" Marcel yelled and I rolled my eyes. Ooops. It's not Marco. "Has anything happened? Are you fine?" I asked breathlessly and Marcel came into my room. He kept his hands in the air and furrowed his eyebrows. "Yes, it's just... Jessie is asleep, my parents are away and I kind of can't... uuurgh... there's pain in my jaw." he said and I ran to my wardrobe. "I'll be there in a few minutes." I said and Marcel stood in front of me. "Thank you." he said and hung up.

"What is going on?" Marcel asked and I put on my grey sweater. "Fabian. He has nobody to take care of him." I said and put on my pink Nike sneakers. "What? And where is his sister?" Marcel asked annoyed and I grabbed my purse. "She is sleeping cause she came home late." I said and he grabbed my arm when I was walking past him. "Emma, this is... this is not normal." he said and I pushed away. "What are you talking about?! I wanna help him because of this stupid fact that he is in pain because of me!" I exclaimed and he sighed.

"He will get attached more and will get hurt even more." Marcel said and I sighed. "Are you idiot? I wanna help him! That's all! And if you haven't noticed yet - I've got a boyfriend!" I yelled and he threw his hands in the air. "Okay. Go. But I wonder how you'll explain it to him." he said and I rolled my eyes. I feel bad. He was in a fight because of me. There are probably bruises all around his stomach and jaw just because of me. Marco will understand. To top it all, I'm not doing anything stupid. I will just help him. 

.....

I sent Fabian a text saying 'I'm here. Open the door?' I waited a minute when he opened the door. "Oh God." I said and covered my mouth with my hand. The jaw is swollen and covered with a bruise. "Yeah. Hi." he said and I slapped my forehead. He looks like this because of me. "Come in." he said and moved a little. "Sooo, Jessie is sleeping?" I asked and he nodded. "Yes. She came at 6 in the morning absolutely drunk." he said and I chuckled. "Where is the kitchen? You could use an ice-pack." I said and he led me to the kitchen.

I made my way to the living room and handed him the ice. "Here." I said and put it on his jaw. "Ouch." he said and shifted. I sighed, oh God Emma, what the hell have you caused again?! "What about your stomach?" I asked and he moved his T-shirt up. It wasn't that big, but still it's a painful bruise. "Shall I bring another ice-pack?" I asked and he shrugged. "I don't know what to do. I have to take care of myself after a fight for the first time." he said and I went to take it.

"Have you slept well?" Fabian asked me and I looked at him. "Not that good. I was awake every hour." I said and he furrowed his eyebrows. "Well, your stomach and jaw are covered by bruises so it's not that easy." I said and he smiled. "I'm sorry." he said and I giggled. "What? What are you sorry for?" I asked in disbelief. "You didn't sleep well because of me." he mumbled and I laughed. "I should be the one being sorry. And I really am sorry." I said and he smiled. "As I said, I would do it again if it keeps you safe." he said and I looked away. Okay. I need to leave or something will happen.

"Well, uuum... I should go." I said and stood up. "Oh..." Fabian said and stood up. While he was standing up he made a painful face. "You should... you should be sitting and relaxing." I mumbled and he smiled through the pain. Why the hell is he trying to smile while being in pain?! "Thanks for coming." he said and I nodded. "If you need anything, remember to call me." I said and he nodded. "You have to leave, right?" he asked and I looked at the watch. "I've been here for 2 hours Fabian." I said sadly and he nodded. "Yeah, well... sure... go." he said and I hugged him lightly. Shit. Why did I hug him? Oh.. it meant nothing. Nothing. I hugged my friend, that's all. I pulled away and looked him in the eyes. "Tell Jessie I say hi and... take care." I said and he nodded. "Bye Em." he said and I waved him. Okay. Mission completed. I helped him and nothing happened.

.....

"Em, it's about to start!" Marcel yelled and I ran to the living room. "I'm here! It can start now." I said and he rolled his eyes. When I came back home, we had a little talk about Fabian. And after half an hour of assuring Marcel that nothing will happen, he's seemed to believe it.

"Yeeeees!" I had screamed after Marco scored the goal! Oh my God! My boyfriend has just scored a goal! An opening goal! How proudly proud am I?! "Calm down or you'll get a heart attack." Marcel laughed and I stuck my tongue out. "It was just... look at that!" I exclaimed and pointed on the TV when the replay was on. "Cool." he said and I chuckled. Yeah. My boyfriend is cool. Handsome. Talented. My hero. And I love him.

.....

"Hey! Wake up!" Marcel said while shaking my body. And by shaking I mean shaking like I'm a piece of a dead person! "What?!" I groaned with my head buried in the pillow. "Marco has just come back and he wants to know if Auba will take him home or you wanna give him a lift." Marcel said and I opened my eyes. "Yeah, it's kind of hard to communicate with her right now." Marcel said into the phone and I stretched my arm. "Gimme." I said and he gave me the phone. "Hey winner!" I exclaimed in my sleepy voice and he giggled. "Hello." he said and I smiled. "Shall I drive you home?" I asked. "You don't have to. I just want you to know that I'm already in Dortmund." Marco said and I looked on my phone. Whoa. 11 pm. Cool. "I'll put something on and will be there in a minute." I said and stood up. "Okay. I'm waiting for you." Marco said and I chuckled.

"Hello." I said when Marco opened the door. "Hey my lovely girlfriend." Marco said and kissed my cheek. I laughed and started driving. "Did you watch the match?" he asked and I yawned. "Yep. The goal was amazing." I said and he giggled. "You should have stayed in bed." he said and I rolled my eyes. "No, my boyfriend needs to get his golden foot home." I joked and he laughed.

"Stay. Please." Marco said and kissed my jaw. "Marcoooo..." I groaned and he pecked the corner of my lips. "I won't let you drive alone while you're half-asleep." he said and I sighed. "Call Marcel that I'm staying." I said and started walking into his room. I knew that stepping out of my car was a bad idea. I lay down and closed my eyes. I heard Marco coming into the room and lay down. He wrapped his arms around me and I smiled. How nice contact this is.

"He said that you need to come home early because he wants a cake or something like that." Marco mumbled and I giggled. I promised him to bake a cake tomorrow when he was angry. "How was the party?" Marco asked and I froze. "I'll tell you tomorrow." I whispered and he kissed my shoulder. "Goodnight Em. I love you." Marco said. The party was amazing. The best one I've ever got to attend. Oh God, protect me from Marco's outburst tomorrow.

Here it is :-) I'll post another chapter today :-)
Thanks for your comments and votes! It means so much to me!