2. Angel or Devil

"Hey, buddy, are you ok? Do you speak English?" It's a deep, male voice. "Don't be afraid. Everything will be fine." 

   I can barely hear it because of the buzzing in my ears, but it still amazes me how melodic it sounds.

   Someone carefully lifts my chin. It's the guy with the nice timbre. I look at him, but the mist of my tears prevents me from distinguishing his features. I only see a blurred, pale face, framed by raven hair and two sapphire blue eyes, piercing mine.

   'Is there such an eye color at all?' comes into my tortured mind. It's stunning.

   I try to nod to show I understand. I seem to have succeeded as he keeps talking to me, more confidently this time.

   "I'll sit here with you. Just lean on me. We'll breathe together," he says, settling on the ground in front of me.

   My head is cautiously pulled to a firm chest. The boy holds my hands, his thumbs moving soothingly on my skin. His breath is slow and deep, as if to show me how to do it. 

   I start to inhale together with him and exhale when he does. Little by little I'm submerged in the new feeling of warmth. His steady heartbeat soothes mine. His fresh, alluring scent calms my senses. I feel safe enough to close my eyes and just keep floating in the sensation.

   The noise in my ears slowly subsides. We keep breathing together. My heart rate returns to normal. 

   It feels like we've been doing this for hours. I don't want it to end, but it's time to return to the harsh reality. I know this is a complete stranger and, no matter how good it feels, I have to get up and release him from my clingy self. 

   I dread opening my eyes. 

   A crowd has probably gathered around and people are gazing at us. They pity me. I'm the weird, foreign boy who collapsed. The thought immediately gives raise to another wave of anxiety and I fringe. 

   The boy seems to sense my uneasiness and moves his hands to my back, rubbing it with slow, circular motions.

   "Don't worry! No one is looking at us. I made sure that we were left alone," he whispers softly in my ear. "I've got you." 

   I hear him saying few words in the local language and someone hands him something. He ruffles my hair to get my attention. "You need to drink some water. Here, it's cold. You'll feel better."

  I raise my head. My vision is still blurry, but I see the bottle he's handing me. I take a sip. It's heaven for my dry, aching throat. I go on drinking the whole of it before rubbing the tears from my eyes to clear my vision and assess the situation.

   The yard is empty. The lectures have begun and everyone's inside. It's obvious though that people have hardly seen exactly what was happening even when it was crowded. We're hidden by the big tree on one side while two tall guys, standing behind my savior's back, completely cover our spot on the other.

    After all, it seems I failed to make a total spectacle of myself in front of the whole University on my first day here.

   The boy's hand is still on my back. I'm glued to his chest. To my utter horror, I realize that I've been sitting on his lap the whole time. 

   I gasp in embarrassment. It's hardly possible to be more pathetic than that. I'm so shocked that I can't even move. My face is growing hotter by the second. It surely looks no better than a boiled shrimp. How will I ever have the courage to look at him?

   "Hey, don't freak out," the boy softly chuckles. "I've been through the same. How do you think I knew it was a panic attack the moment I saw you?" 

   He leans closer and asks attentively, "Do you feel better?"

   "Yes, I'm ok. Thank you!" I mutter and finally look up at his face.

   Oh, my God!

   I expected everything but this. My eyes go wide and my shrimp-colored face instantly heats up more, turning to a much darker shade of red. 

   Who is this?

   He could be an angel for sure.

   But he could be the devil too.

___________________________________

A/N

Hello everyone who made it through the second chapter.

I can't wait to see what's on your mind now, that we have our gorgeous Em in the picture.

Why do you think Sunny is so stunned?

Share your opinions, ask questions and criticize, if you feel it's necessary.

Thank you from all of my heart! ❤

Love: Anny