6. Want a Hug?

The emotions are probably showing on my face, judging by my best friend's concerned gaze. I never learned how to hide them.

   I can't help but feeling that I have disappointed her. Emma did so much to help me relocate here, strongly convinced that it will change everything. She hadn't left me alone for a single minute from the moment I got off the plane, except today. 

   Oh, how I want to fight the fear. But I just can't.

   "I'm not able to handle being the center of attention and people asking questions about me," I gasp desperately. "I'm sorry!"

   "So, what if they ask?" Emma almost shouts. "The answers are easy. You're my childhood friend from Japan. You felt sick because of the heat. Em was nearby to offer you some water. That's all. No big deal." She grabs my shoulder and shakes me roughly. "I won't let you chicken out. Not this time."

   "I was sitting on his lap for twenty minutes. It's not as if I simply drank some water, Emma. People won't buy it. They'll want to know what exactly we were doing behind that tree. And I'm not willing to let anybody know that I suffer from panic attacks," I pout stubbornly. "And, by the way, Em didn't 'snuggle' me and I definitely didn't 'perch' on him on purpose."

   Emma frowns, looking at me in deep thought, furrowing her brows. 

   Suddenly she narrows her eyes, makes a rabbit-like face and starts cooing at me with a baby voice, dragging the words.

   "Sunny, you're such a cutie-e-e! No one will be mean to you. The moment people see you, they want to cuddle you, pinch your cheeks and give you cupcakes and plushies, including The Dark Prince."

   She's dangerously approaching me with a naughty grin.

   "Emma?" I squeak.

   Oh, No! This is her 'hugging monster' mood.

   "Come, cutie pie! Don't think too much about it. Want a hug?"

   "No! Go away!" I protest, stepping back. I know it's pointless though. The escape is impossible.

   "Aww, you and Em were so cu-u-u-te, cuddling behind the tree, the big, hot, scary lover boy and the yummy Japanese sweetie. You two melted my heart." 

   She gets hold of me and starts pinching my cheek hard. Crazy girl!

   "Enough!" I huff, pushing her away.

   Emma is unfazed and continues, "He seems to be a human, after all. Even he couldn't resist your fluffy pink hair." She ruffles my bangs and goes on making funny faces and dancing around me, pretending to cuddle someone in her arms. At least my cheek is left alone.

   "まじ可愛いです (Maji kawaiidesu),*" she sings.

   "Emma, be serious!" I pout and stomp my foot but I feel my gloomy mood's fading away.

   "But I am! You have nothing to worry about. People may press me for some information but I promise you that my mouth is sealed. Come on, everything will be fine. Besides, it's not so bad to be famous. We can ask favors in exchange of our time, help with projects, lunch... hmm, money?"

   She starts to flutter her eyelashes towards me and we both burst into laughter.

   "Ok, but if something goes wrong, I immediately go home," I finally surrender.

   "Deal!"

   I manage to snatch the popcorn and put it in the microwave while Emma chooses something to watch from my enormous anime collection.

   "By the way, how was it to cuddle with The Dark Prince? Does he smell nice?" She's looking at me with mischievous sparks in her eyes. "What was he whispering to you? Did he say something outrageously dirty? He looks so-o-o kinky."

   "Shut up!" I mutter.

   "Come on! Are you going to deny me all the juicy stuff? Why am I your best friend if I don't get all the details?" She points her finger at me accusingly and pouts. "There was something. I'm sure. You were blushing like crazy."

   "There are no juicy details. I was going through a panic attack. I didn't have time to observe his masculine charms." I hope she senses the sarcasm in my voice.

   "Oh, really! And why then were you lying, completely smitten in his arms like a damsel in distress?" She's twisting her body weirdly, trying to imitate someone fainting.

   "Emma, you're an awful person! Have some compassion and don't be nosy and annoying," I scold her. Now I remember why she drives me crazy all the time.

   "Well, I might be awful but, according to our dark, sexy friend, you're p-e-e-achy," she sticks out her tongue at me.

   I roll my eyes and turn my back to her but can't stop thinking about it. Oh Dear! Here's the tingle in my stomach again. No, that won't be. I'm not biting off more than I can chew again. I've been there before and I'm not planning to go back.

   I grab the bowl of popcorn and sit next to Emma on the big sectional sofa. No more thoughts about him! The Dark Prince is off limits. The guy has two boyfriends after all. Not to mention that he's too smug, looks pretty dangerous and has no special interest in me. He was kind and helped me. That's all. Well, ok, he teased me a little. But, to be honest, I fully deserved it with that stupid apology. He'll probably never speak to me again. Yeah, I'm safe. It's all good.

   Why I keep thinking about him then? 

   His eyes are really out of this world. What kind of blue is that? Looks like frozen blueberries, or sapphire, or arctic ice. And the labret piercing... It makes you want to touch,... suck,... no, no, no... touch his bottom lip. Argh, and the dimples...

   I groan loudly in exasperation at these persistent images.

   "Yeah! I can imagine!" Emma says pointedly, raising her brows at me.

   She's too pleased with herself to see the cushion coming, before it smacks her face.

___________________________________

*It's really cute

A/N

Hello everyone who reached the end of Chapter 6.

I really hope that you're here because you had fun and want more.

Thank you so much for reading this story!

What do you think about Emma?

She may seem a little bit airy now, but she will prove to be a real treasure ahead in the story.

Share your thoughts, ask questions and criticize.

I'd love to see what are your impressions. ❤

See you in the next chapter.

Don't forget to vote, if you liked the story.

Love: Anny